Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Auction for VIN 973 - Wichita KS - Monday 3/4/2019 6PM CST

My VIN:    5102, 11289

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Naysayers are not proven wrong. If you call someone that spends the total value of the car in parts and put his labor at a cost of free proven right, well then you have a point. Any car is restorable. Take a look at mine before DMCH transformed it into a flawless refurb:
    Attachment 59379

DMCH and similar vendors could make a nice profit off an otherwise parts car for obvious reasons, but for the average joe it's near impossible to come out ahead (financially anyway) even valuing their labor at free. You can rationalize it all day long such as you want the experience or the satisfaction of restoring the car yourself and there is nothing wrong with that but strictly from a dollars and cents perspective, in almost all cases the "naysayers" are right on the money.
    Well, to be fair, that isn't actually a before pic of your car. When DMCH contacted me about purchasing it, the only thing they wanted was the 5609 VIN plates. The tub ended up being sold to Bauerle, as I recall, and getting cut up to be used to repair cars that had section damage.

Josh
    VIN 5102

Quote Originally Posted by delorun45230 View Post
    Well, to be fair, that isn't actually a before pic of your car. When DMCH contacted me about purchasing it, the only thing they wanted was the 5609 VIN plates. The tub ended up being sold to Bauerle, as I recall, and getting cut up to be used to repair cars that had section damage.

Josh
    VIN 5102
    So my car was built from the vin plate up!

My VIN:    5102, 11289

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So my car was built from the vin plate up!
    Ha! Yes, exactly!

In light on new information my previous post should now read.
    "Any car is restorable. Take a look at my car before DMCH transformed it into a flawless refurb"
    05609.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3