FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does San Antonio DeLoreans exist?

Who needs time machines? TechionDigit's Avatar

Does San Antonio DeLoreans exist?

I live in San Antonio yet I've never seen a car on the streets and no one talks about any clubs. Is San Antonio just a dead zone for DeLoreans?
    Who needs a out-a-time Time Machine when you've got a out-a-time legend?

My VIN:    Between VINs

It might be like Pittsburgh. 5-6 known owners but only one that drives it. Unless you count the BTTF replica car you can hire for events.

Who needs time machines? TechionDigit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    It might be like Pittsburgh. 5-6 known owners but only one that drives it. Unless you count the BTTF replica car you can hire for events.
    Yeah that's what Im guessing too but the BTTFD just isn't my style lol. Thanks for the answer.
    Who needs a out-a-time Time Machine when you've got a out-a-time legend?

My VIN:    2942

I drive mine. When I'm not working on it.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

There are over 30 owners in the Pittsburgh area alone that we provide service for. Most owners want nothing to do with the community at large and want to enjoy their cars privately. Very difficult to gauge how many cars are in a given area based on active members. This is the situation in most populated areas. Obviously, there are exceptions in some cases.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    There are over 30 owners in the Pittsburgh area alone that we provide service for. Most owners want nothing to do with the community at large and want to enjoy their cars privately. Very difficult to gauge how many cars are in a given area based on active members. This is the situation in most populated areas. Obviously, there are exceptions in some cases.
    I drive my car a fair bit, around town and to events, and the only other owner I've met in person is Brian S (and he was at C&C trying to sell a vintage VW). He made the same observation I did; a fair number of owners but nobody takes them out. Which is fine. Each owner enjoys ownership differently and I have no problem with that. I am surprised to hear the number is as high as 30 though.

Somebody texted me the other day and asked if I was driving around on Rt. 19. Turns out one of the 'exotic' independent dealers has one on their lot and someone was taking it for a test drive. https://www.lwautomotive.com/newandu...l=1&MakeID=171

I drive my car a fair bit, around town and to events, and the only other owner I've met in person is Brian S (and he was at C&C trying to sell a vintage VW). He made the same observation I did; a fair number of owners but nobody takes them out. Which is fine. Each owner enjoys ownership differently and I have no problem with that. I am surprised to hear the number is as high as 30 though.

Somebody texted me the other day and asked if I was driving around on Rt. 19. Turns out one of the 'exotic' independent dealers has one on their lot and someone was taking it for a test drive. https://www.lwautomotive.com/newandu...l=1&MakeID=171
    Brian should know better than anyone! He has referred over 20 of the owners at this point! Including you I believe!

My VIN:    1710

There is a yahoo email group where the Austin DeLorean owners keep in touch, though they haven't had a gathering in over 2 years now. The one gathering I went to had cars from all over central Texas. Whenever I get around to owning a DeLorean again, I'll definitely try my hardest to get the local community active. It's all about building relationships with people. The cars are certainly present in Central Texas- I see at least 1 a year on the roads here in Austin, and several pop up for sale on the San Antonio Craigslist every year. I actually nearly bought an '83 in San Antonio last year, but a barbecued & jerry-rigged electrical compartment frightened me away.

Also: usually a few DeLorean owners go to the Texas All British Car Days in Round Rock every year... though I unfortunately didn't see any this past year. Looks like it's September 27-29 this year.
    Last edited by louielouie2000; 03-05-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Brian should know better than anyone! He has referred over 20 of the owners at this point! Including you I believe!
    I met him after you did the clutch and AC work. He asked if I recalled seeing his SS frame in your shop. Small world stuff, he actually saw my car before he met me because the tint shop that was doing work on my car promoted it on their social media. He's a cool guy, hope to cross paths with him more often.

I found you through this forum (before buying the car) and am happy I did. Really nice not having to trailer to Chicago to get things done; you're within my AAA Premier towing distance!

I met him after you did the clutch and AC work. He asked if I recalled seeing his SS frame in your shop. Small world stuff, he actually saw my car before he met me because the tint shop that was doing work on my car promoted it on their social media. He's a cool guy, hope to cross paths with him more often.

I found you through this forum (before buying the car) and am happy I did. Really nice not having to trailer to Chicago to get things done; you're within my AAA Premier towing distance!
    That's right, I knew it was one way or the other!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast