FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Framing John DeLorean - World Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in April

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Couldn't agree more. It was a big win to get a talented actor like Alec Baldwin to play John. And when you factor in Alec's personal connection to the real John DeLorean, it adds a whole other layer of coolness to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I was saying on the other board that no matter what his politics or his personal life, we are pretty lucky that Mr. Baldwin is staring in this project (I'm sure in no small part to your efforts). Having such a well known and respected name attached to the leading role will only serve to it's (and our) benefit.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Sorry, i tried googling but not finding anything, what is baldwin and delorean's connection? Was alec an early owner or something? Super excited to see your film Tamir!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Can't wait to get a copy of this poster. Great job, Tamir!

It is a small moment of discovery within the film. Alec mentioned it in an article already so the cat is a bit out of the bag on this. Essentially John cold called Alec a few months before he passed away to ask him to portray him in a feature film that John was working on trying to get made about his life with a producer at the time. It is a pretty crazy story, and lends an extra layer of credibility to having Alec play this role since the real John DeLorean wanted it that way. Wild right?!

Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    Sorry, i tried googling but not finding anything, what is baldwin and delorean's connection? Was alec an early owner or something? Super excited to see your film Tamir!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    2499

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    First poster design for FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN dropped today on social media. I just love the lines of Proto-1.

Attachment 59441
    I love the look of the poster! Will there be a way/place for those of us who are interested to be able to order a copy of it?
    Darren T

1981 DeLorean DMC-12

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    It is a small moment of discovery within the film. Alec mentioned it in an article already so the cat is a bit out of the bag on this. Essentially John cold called Alec a few months before he passed away to ask him to portray him in a feature film that John was working on trying to get made about his life with a producer at the time. It is a pretty crazy story, and lends an extra layer of credibility to having Alec play this role since the real John DeLorean wanted it that way. Wild right?!
    Alec talked about that in the trailer and I have to admit I was lost as I had never heard about JZD even mentioning anyone playing him in a movie. I wasn't even aware there was a movie idea in the works when he was alive. It just adds more intrigue to the story.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Yes. I would love a copy of the poster as well.

I'll be watching this one for sure!!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

They finally released the schedule, the film is supposed to be shown 4/30, 5/1 and 5/2. For details and tickets go to the Tribeca film festival website. Will there be any requests for Deloreans to be parked outside the theaters?
    David Teitelbaum

Hi All,

In all honesty, I really need the DeLorean community in the NY and NY adjacent areas to come out for the opening weekend of the film on 6/7 in NYC. That will set the course for the theatrical release in all other major markets across the US for the weekend of 6/14 and onward. This film is AMAZING to watch on the big screen in a theatrical setting. So while it will be great to have folks come to the Tribeca screenings, I'd really call for everyone to hold out till the general release on 6/7 so we can pack the theaters, or see it both at Tribeca and on opening weekend.

And yes, I'll be calling on favors to get folks and their cars out to theaters, so please PM me if that is something you'd be open to helping with. As usual, the DeLorean community is very tight and helpful, and I truly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    They finally released the schedule, the film is supposed to be shown 4/30, 5/1 and 5/2. For details and tickets go to the Tribeca film festival website. Will there be any requests for Deloreans to be parked outside the theaters?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

By theatrical release, are we talking major movie theater chains like AMC, Cinemark, Regal, etc?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast