FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Framing John DeLorean - World Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in April

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

hi Tamir,

I can't wait to see your movie, congrats again!

The scene where JZD (Baldwin) is unveiling Proto-1 looks amazing - seems you really captured what it must have been like during those early days of the company. I love how the cover gets pulled back and the doors open, it really looked amazing! But, how did you do it? I'm sure you didn't have door launchers fitted to Proto-1!

Thanks,
    John

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Thanks John!

Yeah, painstaking detail was put into every narrative scene to try and capture as close to the period correct setting we could. I incorporated a lot of actual historical items in the scenes using items from my collection of DeLorean memorabilia, as well as items that were loaned by John's family members for the shoot. For instance, Alec wears John's actual Cartier watch throughout the scenes, and for John's NY office scene there are many historical items such as the wooden DeLorean that sat on his real desk.

For the ballroom scene you mentioned, since it is set in 1976, obviously getting the actual Proto-1 was key. Many thanks to Tony Ierardi for his instrumental help with that, as well as the current owner of the car. Correct, Proto-1 does not have door launchers. We were able to achieve the synchronized door pop by having two people crammed as low as they could get in the footwells and timed the opening of the doors perfectly. Luckily with the camera angle the car appears to be empty, and it only took about 3 takes to get the perfect reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    hi Tamir,

I can't wait to see your movie, congrats again!

The scene where JZD (Baldwin) is unveiling Proto-1 looks amazing - seems you really captured what it must have been like during those early days of the company. I love how the cover gets pulled back and the doors open, it really looked amazing! But, how did you do it? I'm sure you didn't have door launchers fitted to Proto-1!

Thanks,
    John
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Thanks John!

Yeah, painstaking detail was put into every narrative scene to try and capture as close to the period correct setting we could. I incorporated a lot of actual historical items in the scenes using items from my collection of DeLorean memorabilia, as well as items that were loaned by John's family members for the shoot. For instance, Alec wears John's actual Cartier watch throughout the scenes, and for John's NY office scene there are many historical items such as the wooden DeLorean that sat on his real desk.
    That sounds great - now more than ever I can't wait to see this!

For the ballroom scene you mentioned, since it is set in 1976, obviously getting the actual Proto-1 was key. Many thanks to Tony Ierardi for his instrumental help with that, as well as the current owner of the car. Correct, Proto-1 does not have door launchers. We were able to achieve the synchronized door pop by having two people crammed as low as they could get in the footwells and timed the opening of the doors perfectly. Luckily with the camera angle the car appears to be empty, and it only took about 3 takes to get the perfect reveal.
    Ha ha that's great, the magic of Hollywood!

How many people did Alec punch out on the set?

None, he has been a consummate professional to work with the last two years. Nor did he punch the guy in the parking spot dispute, but the media does love to run with things.

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    How many people did Alec punch out on the set?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Nor did he punch the guy in the parking spot dispute, but the media does love to run with things.
    Yes they do
    Fake news

And let this conclude the flirting with venturing into politics in this thread. For any other questions regarding the film, happy to answer what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yes they do
    Fake news

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Where was it filmed Tamir? Any of it in Belfast?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Actually he did punch the guy and plead guilty to it. This was the second time in NYC. He has a reputation of losing his temper. As for good behavior, remember, he is an actor. Obviously a good one to get to where he is, at the top of his profession.
    David Teitelbaum

Alec doesn't need me to defend him, but you are false. He did plead the issue out, like most folks end up doing in court. But it wasn't a punch, that part was mischaracterized in reports. And yes, he's a good actor, one of many we have in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Actually he did punch the guy and plead guilty to it. This was the second time in NYC. He has a reputation of losing his temper. As for good behavior, remember, he is an actor. Obviously a good one to get to where he is, at the top of his profession.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast