FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Framing John DeLorean - World Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in April

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Hi Tamir,

I really can't wait to see this!

I guess this will make more sense when I actually see your movie, but I confess I don't really understand why it is in the style of Alec playing himself playing JZD - I think I read somewhere that it is a documentary about how hard it is to make a movie about John DeLorean? Not a criticism at all, just trying to understand the style you have gone for with this, and to ask you if you have any plans for a full feature length movie someday, featuring Alec Baldwin again playing the role?

Thanks!
    John

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Hey John,

All good questions. It is a bit unconventional the approach we took in making this documentary, but we believe all the creative pieces help highlight DeLorean's story as well as help propel the main focus of the film and question we pose, which is - who was John DeLorean, and did anyone ever really know him?

To clarify, Alec plays John DeLorean like any actor would play another real life character during the re-enactment narrative scenes. But unlike other films, we also film Alec as documentarians behind the scenes preparing for the role as a way to also push the story forward. Those elements you see a little of in the trailer where you see Alec behind the scenes commenting or questioning things about DeLorean's story, in this breaking the fourth wall scenario.

The film starts by posing the question of why a film has never been made, considering it is a story that Hollywood has been circling for over 35 years. And back in 2009 when there were four competing films with various filmmakers (myself one of them), each with their own intellectual property attached to their project, and various family members attached to each project, why couldn't anyone get a film over the hump? And why did each film have it's own "version" of who John DeLorean really was by those who knew him best? That is the launching off pad for the film, and it structures it in a way that helps us "frame" John's story.

Many may have seen the announcement from Clooney two days ago regarding his intention to do a DeLorean film. Will it really happen....time will tell. This of course has been in the rumor mill for over 10 years, and so even with my documentary hybrid film being released in June and the yet to be released highly fictionalized comedy/drama DRIVEN, the fascination with John DeLorean as a film or TV character is still very strong. I do have another project in the works for DeLorean, but can't comment further at this time.

For now, I look forward to everyone watching FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN, which was years and years in the making, and should hopefully shed some new information to hard core DeLorean fans through never before seen archival film and still images I have unearthed, first time interviews, beautiful 4K transferred footage from the Pennebaker and Hegedus 1981 documentary film, all wrapped in with cinematically shot narrative scenes with A list actors.

Best,
    Tamir

Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    Hi Tamir,

I really can't wait to see this!

I guess this will make more sense when I actually see your movie, but I confess I don't really understand why it is in the style of Alec playing himself playing JZD - I think I read somewhere that it is a documentary about how hard it is to make a movie about John DeLorean? Not a criticism at all, just trying to understand the style you have gone for with this, and to ask you if you have any plans for a full feature length movie someday, featuring Alec Baldwin again playing the role?

Thanks!
    John
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    For now, I look forward to everyone watching FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN, which was years and years in the making, and should hopefully shed some new information to hard core DeLorean fans through never before seen archival film and still images I have unearthed, first time interviews, beautiful 4K transferred footage from the Pennebaker and Hegedus 1981 documentary film, all wrapped in with cinematically shot narrative scenes with A list actors.

Best,
    Tamir
    Sounds amazing, thanks Tamir!

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

I should imagine it will take a little while for this to find its way to the UK, but I did speak with a local 'semi-independent' cinema who were aware of the film but had no details of the UK release date.

Regardless I was surprised that they had heard of it so I thought that was quite positive.

J

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

For all information regarding screenings and theaters, the site: www.FramingJohnDeLorean.com will be updated with that information when available. Details on the International release schedule will be announced in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrguk View Post
    I should imagine it will take a little while for this to find its way to the UK, but I did speak with a local 'semi-independent' cinema who were aware of the film but had no details of the UK release date.

Regardless I was surprised that they had heard of it so I thought that was quite positive.

J
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    10907

Does anybody want my ticket for tonight's screening at the Regal by Battery Park? I went last night and it was really good and I'd go again but I'm totally exhausted. PM me with your email if interested (or if you know someplace in NYC where I can nap in my car and not pay $50 to paek, LOL)

Now that I've had a few hours to rest I guess I should talk about the movie. I really enjoyed it, I thought they did a good job portraying both the positive and negative aspects of JZD's character. The segments with Zach and Kathryn veered from hilarious to heartbreaking. All in all it was really compelling even if you're familiar with the story and a good encapsulation of what really happened for people who don't know the real story.

The show last night was sold out, hopefully that's a good sign for its success! Looking forward to the 9-hour producer's cut

Dara didn’t know you were there too.

Quote Originally Posted by papanoel View Post
    Dara didn’t know you were there too.
    Yeah I was the redhead in the silver snakeskin-print jacket who was trying unsuccessfully to get pix of everything for DeLorean World and then awkwardly skulking around the afterparty, LOL. You had one of the cars out front, yeah? Pretty awesome!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    I was actually at this festival last year visiting friends in TC. It is a great festival. Unlikely we'd play there since the film will already be released. But if there is an opportunity to do so, I'll definitely try for it as I love having an excuse to visit TC.
    Good News! As mentioned, things can change, and in this case it's a good change. More TCFF details coming soon.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast