FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Framing John DeLorean - World Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in April

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

Nice job Tamir.. I especially like the shot in the trailer when the camera is looking over Alec's shoulder in to the audience..
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

My VIN:    3937

Baldwin was on the Tonight Show the other day and mentioned the movie. He talked about studying footage of JZD to be able to play him and how he had this 'bouquet of tics and sudden movements.' Is this accurate? I had never heard this about JZD before.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Baldwin was on the Tonight Show the other day and mentioned the movie. He talked about studying footage of JZD to be able to play him and how he had this 'bouquet of tics and sudden movements.' Is this accurate? I had never heard this about JZD before.
    Although Alec exaggerates the movements, I have noticed them as part of JZD's demeanor.

In this interview, Alec moves like the animated waiters/characters on the TV screen on the Cafe 80's in BTTF 2. LOL
    Last edited by DMC-81; 04-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Watch videos of JZD online. Yes, he had some facial tics.

As Alec mentioned in the interview, and is made clear on the trailer; Alec is playing himself- playing John DeLorean.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Got any new Purflux oil filters? I may want to buy them.
    Learn about Vin 01860 with a Legend Industries engine: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...oDeLorean.html
    I can fix your Craig W460 radio: https://malevy-dmc.blogspot.com/2022...te-player.html

My VIN:    10287

In Hillel Levin's Grand Delusions on page 238 filmmaker Don Pennebaker said of JZD, "He was so tight he twitched." Levin claims he would constantly adjust his head, cricking it back and forth and side to side.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Although Alec exaggerates the movements, I have noticed them as part of JZD's demeanor.

In this interview, Alec moves like the animated waiters/characters on the TV screen on the Cafe 80's in BTTF 2. LOL
    I figured he was over-acting for the benefit of the audience, just didn't realize what it was based on.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Between VINs

The thing keeping me from getting excited about this is Alec Baldwin.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Everyone is entitled to their opinions about actors and those in the public light. But I can tell you that from working with Alec on this film, he put a lot of energy and time into learning about John and the story and wanting to play the role as authentically as possible. And for those who haven't read all of the stories on this thread or in the news, John DeLorean personally asked Alec to portray him in a feature film shortly before he died. You can't deny that it is an amazing sequence of events that led Alec into this role, one endorsed by the automotive legend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Whatever his personal beliefs, to have Alec Baldwin as the star is nothing short of a blessing. He is quite a talented man and it sounds like in the interview that he took that role very seriously.

And how are we not talking about the interview itself? This doc just got plugged on a major network television show...quite possibly the largest late night viewing audience in the world just heard about "Framing John DeLorean" and for several minutes to boot.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Yeah, it's pretty awesome how Alec is excited to help push the film's awareness. As it gets closer to the actual release weekend in June, he will be doing a few appearances on national shows, and some of the other well known actors will be doing press to help the exposure of the film.

If anyone didn't catch it two weeks ago, Alec was on Howard Stern and the film was discussed a bunch. Here is a collection of the sections pertaining to the film: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn7rh1bupa...27.19.mp4?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    And how are we not talking about the interview itself? This doc just got plugged on a major network television show...quite possibly the largest late night viewing audience in the world just heard about "Framing John DeLorean" and for several minutes to boot.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast