FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Framing John DeLorean - World Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in April

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Filmed all over the USA, in Belfast, Italy, and the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Where was it filmed Tamir? Any of it in Belfast?
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Speaking of Belfast, were any scenes for the narrative filmed at the original plant grounds? I know its drastically changed over the years but i'm just curious...
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Alec doesn't need me to defend him, but you are false. He did plead the issue out, like most folks end up doing in court. But it wasn't a punch, that part was mischaracterized in reports. And yes, he's a good actor, one of many we have in the film.
    I was saying on the other board that no matter what his politics or his personal life, we are pretty lucky that Mr. Baldwin is staring in this project (I'm sure in no small part to your efforts). Having such a well known and respected name attached to the leading role will only serve to it's (and our) benefit.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/enter...nce/index.html

It could not be proven there was a punch thrown but AB admitted to "harassment". In any case AB plead guilty to the charges and is supposed to take anger management courses. Nice guy. In his defense there are some people that go out of their way to get celebrities into trouble but that doesn't appear to be the case here.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/enter...nce/index.html

It could not be proven there was a punch thrown but AB admitted to "harassment". In any case AB plead guilty to the charges and is supposed to take anger management courses. Nice guy. In his defense there are some people that go out of their way to get celebrities into trouble but that doesn't appear to be the case here.
    Boy once you latch onto something you just can't let go can you? You are like a yappy little terrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    DRIVEN had its festival premiere last year, but nothing has been publicly announced in regards to that film's release. I'll remind everyone that DRIVEN is a highly fictionalized narrative film that loosely utilizes the DeLorean drug bust by telling a story from the point of view of Jim Hoffman, who was the criminal informant that introduced John to the drug deal.

My film on the other hand is a deep dive into a multi-faced and complicated man using many different story telling techniques that compliment the ability to uncover John's true story. I look forward to the DMC community and those outside of it to see it soon!
    DRIVEN looks more like it is trying to be a light-hearted version of the real story like American Made with a lot of extra stuff thrown in that never happened. Setting it through the informant's point of view was an interesting idea. I cannot say what I think of most informants I've worked with, but I will say they all have many of the same motivations of why they do it. Biggest factors being money and/or to work off their own criminal cases. Do you address any of this in your film with respect to Hoffman?

My VIN:    Early

Congrats Tamir! Looking forward to seeing the film.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

First poster design for FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN dropped today on social media. I just love the lines of Proto-1.

Delorean_Instagram_Final.jpg

Hoffman and the drug bust is definitely addressed in the film. Michael Rispoli plays Hoffman in the narrative scenes, and he is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    DRIVEN looks more like it is trying to be a light-hearted version of the real story like American Made with a lot of extra stuff thrown in that never happened. Setting it through the informant's point of view was an interesting idea. I cannot say what I think of most informants I've worked with, but I will say they all have many of the same motivations of why they do it. Biggest factors being money and/or to work off their own criminal cases. Do you address any of this in your film with respect to Hoffman?

No, all of the narrative scenes were shot in or around NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    Speaking of Belfast, were any scenes for the narrative filmed at the original plant grounds? I know its drastically changed over the years but i'm just curious...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast