FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Got an offer to sell my Delorean today.

Got an offer to sell my Delorean today.

Still haven't gotten it titled and a guy rings my bell asking if I wanted to sell her.

Sorry, I just got her, you'll have to come back one day.

I offered him a shot at my Plymouth Prowler but he says he only like non American cars.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I get this on a semi regular basis in Houston. Hispanic guys especially will pull out and shout out "How much?" Not, hi how are you, nice car....etc... Just the immediate belief that I'm going to throw them a number that they can't resist and they'll drive away with a Delorean. LOL....

Now, having said that, my car is ALWAYS for sale. Getting to the price should be diplomatic however. I also won't sell it to someone who I believe will not be able to properly look after it. I have a respect for the work that I and others have put into it and don't want it to simply be used, abused and forgotten. In its own small way it is a piece of history, despite simply being a car.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I get this on a semi regular basis in Houston. Hispanic guys especially will pull out and shout out "How much?" Not, hi how are you, nice car....etc... Just the immediate belief that I'm going to throw them a number that they can't resist and they'll drive away with a Delorean. LOL....
    This is the only appropriate response:

Last edited by Mark D; 03-07-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    This is the only appropriate response:

LOL
    More than you can afford pal...D E L O R E A N
    sound of starter spinning over and over followed by click click click click click

My VIN:    16355

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    LOL
    More than you can afford pal...D E L O R E A N
    sound of starter spinning over and over followed by click click click click click
    This conversation made my day. LOL!

My VIN:    10353

Wait until the car leaves you stranded your first time and you'll be hoping that same guy swings by again

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Welcome to DeLorean ownership, where every Bubba on the street assumes that you saved your money to buy your dream car only to immediately sell it to any shmo who wanders up and says that his uncle used to have one and it'd sure be great if he could buy it and have one in the family again. (Surely you know by now that every Uncle in America once owned a DeLorean. The same 8,000 DeLoreans have changed hands so many times now that 100 million uncles have, at some point, owned a DeLorean. Every uncle everywhere. Also cousins.)

Call their bluff. Ask for 80 grand, cash on the spot. Bet you anything they vanish like a fart in the wind.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I just tell people that my cars will be sold off when my estate is probated.:-)
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

As others have touched on these questions are never serious. I have had them too. Complete stranger and two words "how much". Any one that that walks up to a stranger like that this is pretty much an asshat and the goal is to cease conversation ASAP. I used to respond with the high number but that gives the asshat a launching pad to dive deeper into a conversation that I don't want to have. "What 80k? I know a friend with one who...." These days I just say it's not for sale, If they pursue it further, I turn into a bigger dick than they are and just ask them to leave me alone.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I don't understand why anyone gets upset about this. It is obviously just a conversation starter.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast