FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Got an offer to sell my Delorean today.

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    No it's not a conversation starter unless you enjoy conversing with a donkey. The question is akin to "How much is it worth?" It's an obnoxious question that seems kosher only to those with no tact or manners. It doesn't upset me after I answer it's not for sale...any further statement to the matter is rude and unwanted.

Other questions along the same train:

Your wife is pretty...what is her bra size?

That your daughter?...she 18 yet?

Nice car...what's the retail on one of those?
    I agree with all of this. I once had a guy at a gas station approach my DeLorean and ask "How much?" When I told him it wasn't for sale, he informed me that he would be buying my car, and he had cash in his car to do it (apparently I had no say on the matter). He kinda got in my face and repeatedly asked "how much, how much?" trying to intimidate me. When he went back to his rather "fast & furious" ride and started fumbling around inside it, I just left.

I get the excitement of seeing these cars makes some folks momentarily lose their common decency, but some people really are just asshats about it.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I agree with all of this. I once had a guy at a gas station approach my DeLorean and ask "How much?" When I told him it wasn't for sale, he informed me that he would be buying my car, and he had cash in his car to do it (apparently I had no say on the matter). He kinda got in my face and repeatedly asked "how much, how much?" trying to intimidate me. When he went back to his rather "fast & furious" ride and started fumbling around inside it, I just left.

I get the excitement of seeing these cars makes some folks momentarily lose their common decency, but some people really are just asshats about it.
    Attached Images
    Jeff

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Had a similar experience. Some guy in his late 20's pulled into the gas station in a souped up Honda Civic and fanned a stack of $100 bills in my face, then got offended when I told him I'm not interested.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Why don't these people ever cross my path?
    If one ever does please hit "record" and post here!
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Almost that same exact thing happened to me, but with my R2-D2. It was opening day of The Force Awakens, and I was controlling R2 from behind a counter to keep the controller out of sight, but eventually this guy investigated enough to find out who was controlling the robot. He first asked if he could "Test Drive" it. I told him it was about 2 hundred pounds and there a children all around it, so I can not allow anyone other then myself to operate it. Then he informed me that he was going to buy it. I told him it was not for sale, he told me he was gonna talk to the manager of the theater. (Maybe he thought I was just an employee of the theater tasked with operating the droid) I told him it didn't belong to the theater and that I was volunteering my time to do the appearance. He went into the whole "everything is for sale" which I guess is a way of saying that "well sure, if you get an outrageous offer then sure,.. maybe it is" I really wasn't too bothered with him at this point, I was a bit amused really, but then he turned into a major dick at that point, and I told him I'd rather burn it to the ground then sell it to him.

I agree that everything has a price, but don't get upset with me when I state my price.

Also I never pull a stupid number out of my ass, I always know going in what I'd part with this or that for.

For example, I just got Delorean, I ve yet to drive her, if someone offered me 50K I'd turn it down even though the street value of my car is around 35-40K. I'd turn down 70K but at least they'd be getting warm. For 75-80K we'd have a serious conversation.

Now talk to me a few years fro now and I'll be willing to have that sit down with you at 35K(assuming values don't climb) and negotiate from there.

It's all relative and certain things are assumed, I could find myself in the need for some quick cash one day and be forced to take a low ball offer (I doubt it).

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

From now on my response (especially when they say "cash" or "hundred dollar bills") is "I only accept bitcoin or XRP, cash is worthless to me."

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

My car's PO and I were literally signing the bill of sale when a "ricer" passed on the road in a stanced Civic, did a huey and offered the PO 3 grand more on the spot for the car. Thankfully the PO recognized that I was going to look after it properlyand not "stance" it or whatever this guys plans for it were, and didn't renege on the deal.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

Last edited by Jonathan; 03-12-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3937

These guys and their pompous "I'm going to buy your car" routines kinda reminds me of another butthead... so I guess the price has to be north of one million dollars then.

https://youtu.be/JQduqVs_moY?t=41

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3