Hi everybody,

I'm currently running a reproduction mirror switch project and decided to share it with the community since I guess at least some of you may find it interesting. The switch will be totally redesigned inside, using as many standard components as possible. The goal is to make it more reliable and user-friendly while keeping external appearance as close as possible to original. An optional LED backlit decal is also being considered. MJF or SLS technology will be used to manufacture all custom mechanical parts of polyamide.

shaded_1.jpg

If everything goes well with design and prototype testing, a short pre-production series should be available by the end of 2019. The price of final version is estimated to fall between $160 and $200, assuming 20pcs minimum production run.

As for the progress, an early pre-prototype has already been FDM 3D-printed, just to check some initial design ideas and general appearance:

IMG_20190315_203459378~2.jpg

At the moment, mechanical design of 2 different prototypes is almost ready and MJF 3D-printed parts will be ordered soon:

transp_1.jpg transp_2.jpg

I'll keep posting updates as project advances.