FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vin 502 twin turbo legend

My VIN:    16355

Vin 502 twin turbo legend

This can only be described as an awesome DeLorean Day. Had the pleasure of meeting fellow DeLorean Custodian and Owner Alistair Mansell this afternoon in Wellington and exchanging stories of trials and tribulations as well a many fun moments of keeping these Stainless Steel beauties on the road. While in Upper Hutt, New Zealand I was able to see VIN 502, the famous Twin Turbo Legend DeLorean and another D at a garage called Bristols where these were undergoing some work. The lady on reception was very kind to let me take a photo and have a wander around. What a treat! Apart from my own D these are the only two I have seen in person. Cheers Alastair and thank you.

IMG_20190311_113331.jpg
    Last edited by peternikkiskinner; 03-18-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: I have somehow put this new post in the wrong place, should be in General Discussion rather than How To Guides? Sorry Not sure how to amend.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thank you for sharing your pic

Very cool!

Someone who does not respect other peoples property attempted to break into VIN 502 and steal something is my understanding of why she was there. An amazing car with quite a history.

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Thank you for sharing your pic

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    Someone who does not respect other peoples property attempted to break into VIN 502 and steal something is my understanding of why she was there. An amazing car with quite a history.
    Wow, congrats on getting to see this rare car. What luck!

Sad to hear that it was vandalized. Some people are idiots. Most people are respectful, but it only takes one. When my car is out of the garage, it rarely levels my sight unless there is a security presence or a trusted friend there to watch it.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Same here, I do not leave my DeLorean without someone keeping an eye on her. It only takes one idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Wow, congrats on getting to see this rare car. What luck!

Sad to hear that it was vandalized. Some people are idiots. Most people are respectful, but it only takes one. When my car is out of the garage, it rarely levels my sight unless there is a security presence or a trusted friend there to watch it.