FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Anyone Live Close to Budget U Pull It BARTOW

Anyone Live Close to Budget U Pull It BARTOW

Hi, I was in Florida last week but was almost 7 hours from this location so I called to see if they could pull a small part(glove box- 10 minutes or less to remove)and ship but unfortunately as the name stated it’s a U Pull It. Wondering if someone is going there by chance and can pull a small glove box for me. I will pay for your time and shipping of course.

P.M me if you can

Thank you,

Stephane

My VIN:    6125

Wait a second... are you telling me there is a DeLorean in a U-pull it junk yard??

No DeLorean. I happen to also own an 88 Fiero and was hoping to get the glove box out of the Fiero they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoboys View Post
    No DeLorean. I happen to also own an 88 Fiero and was hoping to get the glove box out of the Fiero they have.
    Ah, 1988 the last and best year. Is it a Formula or GT? I had a Fiero as well. They don't have a glovebox per se but a little pocket where the glovebox would be. They made aftermarket solutions if that is what you need, or are you talking about the center console storage box that is positioned between the two seats? I'm just curious if this is technically a glove box or is known as such for the Fiero.

It’s an 88 Fiero GT with a rare factory optioned T-Top. (Only 614 produced in the GT model)5spd, red exterior with Grey interior.

I’ve driven vin 2450 less than 100 miles in the last two years to get this car back on the road since I started restoring it. Should be done in the next month. Now just looking for odds and ends.

Even though they made almost 370,000 Fiero’s good used parts seem to be harder to find than the DeLorean(my guess younger 2nd owners with a smaller budget unlike the DeLorean). Used 5 speed Getrags parts or complete Getrag transmissions are hard to find and Good used or NOS 88 interior pieces are usually quite expensive if and when you find them.

The part I’m hopping the u-pull-it still has is a used aftermarket glovebox that replaces the dash map pocket.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

That is an awesome car. My buddy also has an 88 GT; same color too! Last year he moved from Ohio to Arizona so we commemorated the move with a Route 66 trip in the Fiero. It was easily the best road trip I've ever had. We had a few hiccups with the car along the way, but nothing we couldn't handle. Overall it was an absolute blast.

IMG_4921.jpgIMG_5340.jpgIMG_5328.jpgIMG_5207.jpgIMG_5199.jpgIMG_5155.jpgIMG_5151.jpgIMG_5129.jpgIMG_5133.JPGIMG_5080.jpgIMG_5041.jpgIMG_5010.jpgIMG_4927.jpgIMG_5348.JPG

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread. Just love this car

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

It’s an 88 Fiero GT with a rare factory optioned T-Top. (Only 614 produced in the GT model)5spd, red exterior with Grey interior.

I’ve driven vin 2450 less than 100 miles in the last two years to get this car back on the road since I started restoring it. Should be done in the next month. Now just looking for odds and ends.

Even though they made almost 370,000 Fiero’s good used parts seem to be harder to find than the DeLorean(my guess younger 2nd owners with a smaller budget unlike the DeLorean). Used 5 speed Getrags parts or complete Getrag transmissions are hard to find and Good used or NOS 88 interior pieces are usually quite expensive if and when you find them.

The part I’m hopping the u-pull-it still has is a used aftermarket glovebox that replaces the dash map pocket.

That is drop dead gorgeous!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That is drop dead gorgeous!
    +1. Absolutely beautiful. I had an 86 many years ago, but I always wanted an 88. The Fiero was my first resto and engine swap. Loved that car. I added the 88 rear spoiler to mine during the resto:

I know a Delorean owner in Lakeland which is near Bartow. Maybe he will see this thread.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

There are couple of fieros in the local junk yards by me that I frequent pretty often. Next time I'm out walking around I'll check and see if any still have the glove box intact.

Still looking for Fiero parts? My local junk yard has... a couple.

I am there a few times a week hunting for BMW parts so if you need something specific post up a picture of what you need and I can take a look. I was looking at dashboards and saw some with map pockets... but I'm not sure what the aftermarket glove box looks like.

I counted 30+ cars so hopefully that means at least one of them will have what you're looking for. Prices at this place are really reasonable too. Gibson Iron & Metal in Neenah, WI

Last edited by Mark D; 04-23-2019 at 02:00 PM.