FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Pittsburgh area - Come over and adjust my mixture.

My VIN:    5611

Pittsburgh area - Come over and adjust my mixture.

Hello,

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong location.

Looking for someone in my area with the knowledge and know how to adjust the fuel mixture on my D. If willing and able, please PM me and let me know what you would charge. I do not have a dwell meter nor do i know how to use one.

I am close enough to Delorean Industries to possibly drive it up there and have them do it, but i just dont trust the car just yet to take it that far.

I bought the car about a month and a half ago and it was not running at the time due to sitting for 18 years

Since then i have done the following.

DMCH fuel pump / sending unit
    Rebuild done on the fuel distributor
    Back flushed and cleaned injectors
    All fuel lines replaced with braided SS
    All 4 calipers rebuilt (waiting for MC to arrive)
    Rebuilt parking brake assemblies
    Oil change (gas in the oil, guessing because of the current mixture setting)

Yesterday, i got it running. It is running rich, which i expected due to where the fuel distributor piston was originally stuck in place prior to its rebuild by DMCH I also know the mixture screw is screwed almost all the way down. I do hear the freq valve buzzing incase you are to ask.

I tried adjusting the mixture which made it run much better, but definatley still running rich.

Let me know if you can help.

My VIN:    5611

Thank You

A big thank you to dmcnc for walking me through adjusting CO amd idle over the phone. You know your stuff!

Thank you again

My VIN:    Between VINs

Josh can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's out of the business of servicing k-jet. (Or maybe just out of the business of selling it?) It's one of the reasons I haven't taken my car to him for my humidity/power issue.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Josh can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's out of the business of servicing k-jet.
    If that's the case you can take it to Bauerle Automotive in Delaware OH. He's been servicing K-Jet since the Ds were new. Over 223K miles and mine (all original parts) still runs like a champ.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    Between VINs

Nice, thanks. Josh is my main man but it's great to have a backup plan.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Josh can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he's out of the business of servicing k-jet. (Or maybe just out of the business of selling it?) It's one of the reasons I haven't taken my car to him for my humidity/power issue.
    We no longer sell K jet parts other than our fuel lines over the counter. The cars are too temperamental with age and blending premium Bosch parts with the Brand x components in the market place is a nightmare to assist with diag work. When the other guys parts are bad out of the box it doesn't matter how well our parts perform when implemented together. Always a pleasure to see you Mr. Gess!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters