FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump return and feed line

Fuel pump return and feed line

I noticed a puddle of fuel under the front of my car. I removed the fuel pump inspection cover in the trunk and noticed the return and feed lines are cracked and deteriorated. Can I just replace them with rubber fuel hose from NAPA? My lines now have a threaded one way insert into the hose end that connect to the metal tubing. I was wondering if I can just use a hose clamp for the new hose. Also there is a banjo one way insert on the hose that connects to the fuel pump. Can I use a hose clamp on that to? Im not sure If I need to buy the hose with attached fittings from Delorean or just use fuel hose line and hose clamps.
    Thanks in advance

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Yes, but it must be Gates Barricade Fuel injection hose. Napa sells it by the foot. What I don’t recall is the size I used. 1/4-6mm or 5/16-8mm. They also have the correct type of clamps for the hose. Do Not use a worm clamp.

Most of the vendors provide this type (brand) of hose with there fuel pump replacement kits these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Thanks for the reply Dennis. Car is stuck in my driveway and would like to get it back together today. I’m headed to Napa soon. I’ll ask for the gates barricade hose. I’ll take a piece of the old with me for size. Can you describe the clamps your talking about? Are they compression fitting or tighten with a screw driver?

Quote Originally Posted by coreydmc View Post
    Thanks for the reply Dennis. Car is stuck in my driveway and would like to get it back together today. I’m headed to Napa soon. I’ll ask for the gates barricade hose. I’ll take a piece of the old with me for size. Can you describe the clamps your talking about? Are they compression fitting or tighten with a screw driver?
    They are the screwdriver type, just the ask them for the correct line clamps. I ended up with a small assortment pack and used the ones that best fit the hose OD.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Yes

DENNIS

How is the pump cover holding up for you?

DENNIS

Pump and cover are great. Just the 2 hoses are bad. I think they were chewed by a mouse. I pulled the pump out of the tank. On the bottom there is a small hose that looks like it goes no where is that the overfill to put fuel back in the tank?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Just because the outer covering is cracking off does not mean they were leaking. The hoses may not be the source of the leak. If the tank was filled to the brim there are other things that could be leaking. The hoses won't leak if the motor is not running but other tings can leak like the fuel sending unit or the pump boot. The small hose going "nowhere" is supposed to go to a clip and dump into the baffle.
    David Teitelbaum

Pump and cover are great. Just the 2 hoses are bad. I think they were chewed by a mouse. I pulled the pump out of the tank. On the bottom there is a small hose that looks like it goes no where is that the overfill to put fuel back in the tank?
    A couple photos of the old hose would help. Theses cars are old enough now that many have had the hoses replaced at least once already, especially if it had multiple previous owners. The Original factory hose had an outer jacket that would deteriorate and fall off the inner hose core. It looked bad. But most of the time they didn’t leak.

DENNIS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast