FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Uneven Injector Output ***Split from PPR Shim Source ***

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The amount of fuel going into the jerry can out of the FD return line doesn't tell us much here because it carries the fuel the PPR releases to get Primary Pressure (A LOT) and it carries the fuel from the WUR as well (relatively little).

Did you ever remove the WUR's return line at the FD end (and plug the FD hole ;-) then dump the loose end into a jerry can?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    The amount of fuel going into the jerry can out of the FD return line doesn't tell us much here because it carries the fuel the PPR releases to get Primary Pressure (A LOT) and it carries the fuel from the WUR as well (relatively little).

Did you ever remove the WUR's return line at the FD (and plug the FD hole ;-) then dump the loose end into a jerry can?
    Shoot, good call. I forgot to do that. I'll do that tonight.

On another note, I just realized I have these two banjos (see arrow) to the FD backwards. They are both routed correctly, but not connected in the same order as the diagram. I can't imagine it being an issue but thought I'd ask.
    routing.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Right, swapping them wouldn't matter. That port, the port the WUR's return line goes to, and the PPR's chamber are all connected internally. This should give them all an unrestricted path to the tank via the FD's return line.

I don't have a guess as to how much fuel the WUR's return line should dump into a jerry can, other than "some". But if doing it gives you ~normal PP and CP, suspect trash in the FD's fuel return circuit... Maybe, remove everything from the 2 FD ports (above) and look closely for a piece of broken o-ring in the ports, PPR chamber, or the channels connecting them all together. (The tiny hole in the bottom of the FD port the WUR's return goes to would be my guess.)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10