FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Remanufactured Console Clock

My VIN:    05457

Remanufactured Console Clock

I bought this clock from a forum member here about 1.5 years ago (link to original for sale thread) and absolutely loved it. If you have a busted clock and want one that looks and works exactly like an original, but also with a battery back up so you don't lose the time when you disconnect your battery, this is the clock for you.

He has made 3 version of this clock, I'm selling V2. I love this clock so much I had to upgrade to the latest version so I'm selling my older one. It probably has about 20-30 hours of use on it and works great.

Features the V3 has that this does not:
    • An updated crystal that keeps the time better in cold climates - I found V2 runs about 10 minutes fast after spending the 5 month winter in my sub-zero Minnesota garage.
    • Integrated voltage suppressor for cars with faulty circuits (However I'm including an add-on that gives you this protection on the V2)

I bought this for $97 new including shipping from Germany. I'll sell for $70 including shipping within the US and will include installation instructions.

20190326_192204.jpg20190326_192218.jpg

Video of this exact clock in action in my car:
    David Proehl

My VIN:    03500

PM Sent

Sold!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    01598

Club(s):   (DCH)

Yep! They are awesome, and so is the seller!

I bought version 2, and later on had some trouble starting my DeLorean due to a faulty distributor cap.
    After charging battery a few times my clock stopped working.

Yoda (seller) sent me a new version 3 free of charge if I returned the old one.
    That is great service!
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean DMC-12, VIN: 01598. Gas flap hood, manual transmission, black interior, wide stripe, galvanized frame, Spax shocks and UK club exhaust.
    x1973 Plymouth Road Runner
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

My VIN:    04629

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Yep! They are awesome, and so is the seller!

I bought version 2

Yoda (seller) sent me a new version 3 free of charge if I returned the old one.
    That is great service!
    I had a similar problem with my electrical system, clock failed. Yoda ungraded the PCB and replaced mine with the new version also.

It's nice to not have to set the clock every-time I want to drive around too!

So I guess that probably makes me one of the few (or only?) people to replace a working V2 clock with a V3 one? I'm way too anal about the accuracy on my clocks apparently. My wife reminds me of that every time we switch from daylight to standard time and vice versa. I have to make sure every clock in the house matches to the second.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    An updated crystal that keeps the time better in cold climates - I found V2 runs about 10 minutes fast after spending the 5 month winter in my sub-zero Minnesota garage.
    My replacement clock runs a little fast too. I got it from a different guy though. Mark S. in the UK in 2014. It's a nice clock, but it also gains a couple of minutes per month. Is this thing you mentioned with colder temperatures what is causing that? I like having this clock in there more than none at all, but the fast time and resetting is a bit of a nuisance for me.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    My replacement clock runs a little fast too. I got it from a different guy though. Mark S. in the UK in 2014. It's a nice clock, but it also gains a couple of minutes per month. Is this thing you mentioned with colder temperatures what is causing that? I like having this clock in there more than none at all, but the fast time and resetting is a bit of a nuisance for me.
    Yes, apparently the crystals in digital clocks are temperature sensitive, both very hot and very cold weather impacts them. More sophisticated crystals account for temperature swings. I had no clue this was a thing until the creator of this clock (Yoda) told me. Apparently the new version is accurate to +-.462 seconds per day, being spot on during "normal" temperatures and losing or gaining time at the extremes. That works out to about 2.5 minutes off per year if the entire year is very hot or very cold and hopefully much less in the real world.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Yes, apparently the crystals in digital clocks are temperature sensitive, both very hot and very cold weather impacts them. More sophisticated crystals account for temperature swings. I had no clue this was a thing until the creator of this clock (Yoda) told me. Apparently the new version is accurate to +-.462 seconds per day, being spot on during "normal" temperatures and losing or gaining time at the extremes. That works out to about 2.5 minutes off per year if the entire year is very hot or very cold and hopefully much less in the real world.
    Any idea what that normal temperature is? Like the standard temperature or pressure we would see back in chemistry class when defining units. Or like on the gas pump where it says that volumes are calibrated to XX degrees. One guy's idea of cold might be another guy's idea of warm

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Any idea what that normal temperature is? Like the standard temperature or pressure we would see back in chemistry class when defining units. Or like on the gas pump where it says that volumes are calibrated to XX degrees. One guy's idea of cold might be another guy's idea of warm
    The operating range for this crystal I was told was -45°C to +85°C (-49 F to + 185 F). That would put the midpoint at 68 F which sounds reasonable. I imagine other parts of the clock would fail though at 185 F.
    David Proehl