FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Lift for Home Use?

My VIN:    3349

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Best Lift for Home Use?

I am thinking about purchasing a lift to assist in maintenance of my Delorean. I am rationalizing it on the basis I can use it for the other cars as well(at least that is how I am selling it to the wife) anyway, I am curious does anyone here have their own at home car lift? If so what brand/type. What are your thoughts on it. I have been looking at the MAXJAX Portable https://www.maxjaxusa.com/dannmar-ma...SAAEgKDlfD_BwE, which is a semi permanent type. I would be grateful for any thoughts the community has on the subject.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Talk to SpittyBug; I believe he has a Maxx Jax.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    2942

I have a Maxx Jax , well the one that does not use rods Dannmar MX6. Its ok, but being 6,2 i always have to have my head tilted to one side while working on something.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DARCOM View Post
    I have a Maxx Jax , well the one that does not use rods Dannmar MX6. Its ok, but being 6,2 i always have to have my head tilted to one side while working on something.
    Thank You! Have you had any problems with it? Do you use it for other vehicles as well?
    I am 5'5" in boots, so its safe to assume I won't be hitting my head?

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I have a floor drive over kind, Bendpak LR-60.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/lo...r-lifts/lr-60/

with the wheel kit you can move it around the garage or pull it outside. It can even lift my F150 pickup.

My VIN:    2942

Quote Originally Posted by Maritime-elf View Post
    Thank You! Have you had any problems with it? Do you use it for other vehicles as well?
    I am 5'5" in boots, so its safe to assume I won't be hitting my head?
    Yes all my cars. The lift is rated at 6000 pounds. The image I posted is the lift at max height. I also use stablelize bars on the front and back when under the cars to keep it solid.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Choosing a lift depends on a lot of factors. How good is the floor in your garage and how much ceiling height do you have? What electric is available? Do you want to store a car on a lift or only use it for working on the car? If you get a 4 post lift try to get one with a full, complete tubes and not just a bent up channel for the posts. Examine the locking system, your life and your car will depend on it.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    16409

This is the lift I have. It works great. It's a good alternative if you don't have a slab that is thick enough or a garage ceiling that is high enough for a conventional lift. It's easy to store away when not needed.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    I have a floor drive over kind, Bendpak LR-60.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/lo...r-lifts/lr-60/

with the wheel kit you can move it around the garage or pull it outside. It can even lift my F150 pickup.
    The Bendpak looks nice in that it lays flat for storage. I am a little worried about getting one that bolts into the garage floor as I do not know the thickness of PSI of the Garage concrete.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I have no complaints on my MaxJax. One thing to keep in mind is that your garage door opener (if you have one) will be the limiting factor on how how you can raise the car. Best to not have one or to have one of the kind that mounts onto the axle.

You will have to drill into your slab (and avoid any tension cables or rebar.....), hammer home a female receiver and in my case, epoxy around the rim of the new holes to fill any chip out. I leave mine in place since it is the only car in my garage. I remove one tower every now and then easily enough. It's heavy, has never given me any problems and is well made. I have zero fear when underneath it.

You'll find you take better care of your car and perform more preventative maintenance once you have the convenience of a lift. My other car is a F-350 which won't fit in the garage, so I haven't lifted it. I've had a Saab 93 and a Versa up on it without issue.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast