FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Got a Title, Keys, and New Tires

My VIN:    16985

Got a Title, Keys, and New Tires

Progress has been made on the '83 recently and although the weather has not been great, it didn't slow down the title process with the DeLorean now titled in my name. Last week I received new keys from DMC allowing the steering to be unlocked and the front wheels to be turned straight for the first time in 21 years. Then I was able to remove the wheels locks by pounding on a 15/16 12-point socket. The new tires are the only set I could put together with front and rear of the same brand (Cooper), although not the same model of tire. There is a lot of moisture damage inside the car and many areas are worse than I thought but I'm having fun getting into the restoration process.
    IMG_3819.jpgIMG_3820.jpgIMG_3823.jpgIMG_3824.jpg

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralLee01 View Post
    Progress has been made on the '83 recently and although the weather has not been great, it didn't slow down the title process with the DeLorean now titled in my name. Last week I received new keys from DMC allowing the steering to be unlocked and the front wheels to be turned straight for the first time in 21 years. Then I was able to remove the wheels locks by pounding on a 15/16 12-point socket. The new tires are the only set I could put together with front and rear of the same brand (Cooper), although not the same model of tire. There is a lot of moisture damage inside the car and many areas are worse than I thought but I'm having fun getting into the restoration process.
    IMG_3819.jpgIMG_3820.jpgIMG_3823.jpgIMG_3824.jpg
    thats step one, nice! I just finally got my new license plate since i moved two years ago and installed it last night lol
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    thats step one, nice! I just finally got my new license plate since i moved two years ago and installed it last night lol
    Your car finally legal? I’ve been trying to get a hold of you.

My VIN:    16985

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Actually the tag service called today and the plates are ready to be picked up so if the car ran, it could be driven.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Your car finally legal? I’ve been trying to get a hold of you.
    yep! I was on travel again for 3 weeks. I am waiting for my insurance to kick in then im good to go man. Took long enough, right?
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Nice, congrats! Getting it titled and getting keys is a big deal.