FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: [Time Circuit Display] Custom 14 segment LED Displays

[Time Circuit Display] Custom 14 segment LED Displays

Hi all,

I think I've found a source that does the right alphanumeric LED displays for the time circuits.

The problem is they have 0 in stock and a minimum order of 1000. Might be able to talk them down to 600 or something. At $0.80/piece + shipping, that would still be at least $500.

Would anyone want to go in on an order with me?

I've attached pictures from a site that has research into the A-car restoration (source: https://www.partsnotincluded.com/btt...-led-displays/), as well as the factory's picture. They said it was 0.6" character height, which is the correct height as per Mark D.

Cheers,

Michael

Outatime_TCD-Measure1.jpg
    14+segment+0.6+inch.jpg

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by petriomelony View Post
    Hi all,

I think I've found a source that does the right alphanumeric LED displays for the time circuits.

The problem is they have 0 in stock and a minimum order of 1000. Might be able to talk them down to 600 or something. At $0.80/piece + shipping, that would still be at least $500.

Would anyone want to go in on an order with me?

I've attached pictures from a site that has research into the A-car restoration (source: https://www.partsnotincluded.com/btt...-led-displays/), as well as the factory's picture. They said it was 0.6" character height, which is the correct height as per Mark D.

Cheers,

Michael

Outatime_TCD-Measure1.jpg
    14+segment+0.6+inch.jpg
    That looks similar to the three digit 14 segment display I designed for the restoration. I don't know what company you're dealing with so I can't say for sure if these are exact.

Keep in mind that there are three different displays, one for each color. So if minimum order quantity is 1000, that's really 3000 total. At $.80 each that's a $2,400 + shipping investment. You'd also want the matching 7 segment numeric displays so the color and brightness match. Not sure what the MOQ is for those, or price each.

If you're wanting some displays for your own personal project you may try getting in touch with Joe Walser through the restoration page. He may have some on hand to sell vs trying to source these from scratch with the large MOQ.

My VIN:    07000

Another option is to just ask if they can send you a few samples.
    Usually companies are more than happy to do that as long as you aren’t asking for a few dozen or so.

I’m looking for just the green displays for my static Time Circuits, so the present time is real time.