FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chain noise

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Just an update that a mechanic has put a scope on it and is still isolating but thinks it might be the oil pump. It’s holding correct pressure though. A failing oil pump would be quite rare wouldn’t it? Assume this is a PITA to replace.
    Very unusual yes, But if memory is correct it can be replaced by just dropping the sump. However if it's holding the correct pressure then I would doubt it's failing. Is the oil pressure gauge showing the correct reading? If you have not done this already why not try doing an oil change with the correct oil? A lot of people are putting such as 5-30 synthetic oil in the engines now and this is wrong. May be something as simple as this and wouldn't hurt (as suggested) to put a flush through let it drain for 24 hours and re-fill with a new filter and correct oil.
    Last edited by chris williams; 04-16-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Thanks - yes I’ve had a look at the service manual and it’s not too bad to replace but a few things new to come off. I agree it would be odd for it to fail but hold pressure. The manual test pressure garage was showing correct pressure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4