FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: LED bulb failure rate

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

LED bulb failure rate

PO upgraded car to use LEDs in most places. He purchased bulbs and boards from DeloreanGo. I am experiencing a high failure rate. The glove box light, rear side marker and now rear red running light have all flickered and dimmed after only a few hundred miles of use. They no longer make a solid connection to achieve max brightness. If I try a different bulb in the socket, it lights up and stays lit, so the issue is def. with the bulbs. Anyone else having this experience? Can anyone recommend a place to purchase replacements?

I was going to order from DPI just due to speed of their shipping. Plus their rear side marker bulb (at least) appears to be a totally different construction than what I have.

DeLorean Club UK DeLoreanGo Arran's Avatar

My VIN:    1764

Club(s):   (DCH)

Can you send me a PM with some details so I can check what exactly was purchased and when, which version, etc. I'm sure I can sort you out with replacements - LEDs should be lasting longer than that, (and usually do).

Sure will. Let me sort through the records I have and will let send you a PM ASAP. Thanks!

Thanks to Arran at DeloreanGo for helping me out on this one, they really went above and beyond!