FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 06895 for sale on ebay, it's real?

Lightbulb 06895 for sale on ebay, it's real?

I'm in touch with the seller, the dice of having bought the car in July 2017, but I found an old announcement on ebay with the same vin sold in 2018, something is not working. do you know this vehicle?
    Thank you so much. Michele from Italy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DeLore...MAAOSwTfNcqhAo

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Washington State title form, Washington State license plate, and located in Seattle, Washington according to the "item location" on the Ebay ad. It doesn't look suspicious but you never know. Ask the owner/seller to take a picture of the car with today's date as proof.

Ask for a picture of the odometer and something specific, fuse box or something special not usually shown in the for sale ad pictures.

Both the VIN and mileage show as the same in the description.

F.Y.I.
    ! The date in a camera can be changed to whatever date you want it to show.

Hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 04-11-2019 at 03:14 PM.

My VIN:    5312

Have them send a photo of them standing in front of the car with a shoe on their head. I always try to do something weird like that , something that would not be easy to fake
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Lightbulb suspicious announcement of 2018

current seller bought the car in 2017. but I found this suspicious announcement of 2018. What do you think?

https://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/1981-De...-/323299823356

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

It's kind of hard to tell, but one glaring difference between the two ads: One car has an antenna mounted in the front fender and the other does not.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I didn't think ebay kept auction pages after a certain amount of time so the 2018 ad is odd to me. If you're concerned, try pulling carfax and see what the dates and locations are on it.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    It's kind of hard to tell, but one glaring difference between the two ads: One car has an antenna mounted in the front fender and the other does not.
    I think I saw the same thing you did. Though it's a different eBay ad. At least it seems that way. The one Michele mentioned (VIN 6895) was in an ad showing as already ended and then below it was one similar enough that eBay showed it to us. That one is VIN 6800 if I'm not mistaken. The one with the half sized fender antenna.

I didn't see anything else contradictory about the car in the ad, although I was thrown off too by the double ads and it made me think something wasn't right. Not sure if I would have thought that beforehand or not. I would try real hard to have someone you know and can communicate with go see any car you might want to buy. Overseas is no picnic shopping like that. Good on you for being cautious though. People suck when it comes to these scams and trying to take advantage of one another.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6214

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I recognize the owner's name in the picture you provided of the title. He is a Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club member and according our our membership list owns VIN 6895. He joined the club in 2018 and I think (though not completely certain) bought the car around then to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast