FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Future Cast at Megacon Orlando

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

While I’m curating my pictures, I want to go a special shout out to DMCTalk member Parzival.
    Even though I was there, he helped me get through 2 crazy lines for autographs concurrently. Long story, but I’ll summarize in a future post. Austin, thanks very much again.

Here is a picture of Austin dressed as his screen name .. Parzival, with his awesome R2-D2 robot creation. Wow, very cool.

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Here was a cute Cosplay participant couple, posing as Lorraine Baines and George McFly (circa November 1955) heading out from the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Cosplay Meets Real Cast

While standing in Christopher Lloyd's autograph line, something amazing and hilarious ensued to my left:

The Cosplay George McFly (circa 1985) mentioned above, approaches the front of the line in James Tolkan's lane, and goes into character, accosting Tom Wilson, I believe "Hey you..get your damn hands off of her!". Tom immediately gets up, and comes into the lane to confront George, but then cracks up at his spot on acting:

Then, Tom turns around and calls out to Lea and James to not miss George's performance:

To everyone's delight, Tom goes full into Biff character and harasses George:

Lorraine (forward left) comes to George’s rescue and Biff backs off:

George and Lorraine back away while Biff calls out one of his classic lines, I believe it was " You got the wrong car George!":

Everyone erupted into applause. I was struck by Tom's willingness to engage and have fun with a super fan. It was really cool of him and it was an unexpected treat.
    Dana

Autographs!

As mentioned earlier, my goal for this event was to get Michael J. Fox's autograph on my visor. I had a guaranteed pre-bought ticket for 5 pm. However, seeing Christopher Lloyd's stall right beside Michael's, I couldn't walk away without tryingto get his too. So, I sweet talked a crew member to let us into the back of a sold out/closed off line Lloyd's autograph in the afternoon. The fact that I had a Delorean visor to be signed and my daughter's presence was the clincher. Well, we waited until 3:45 and got up to 5 from the front before Christopher needed to go for photo op duty. They said he'd be back at 5:00. We needed to line up for MJF soon (4:30) but if we left the line, we'd lose our place. Oh the Humanity!!

Just then, Parzival, I mean Austin dropped over to check in on us. We worked out a plan and he stood in MJF's line. Michael arrived to cheers from everyone. Amazingly, he STOOD at the table and signed the articles arranged in assembly line format by his handlers. Wow, the line was going unexpectedly fast! Christopher was not back yet and my turn in Michael's line was coming up quickly. So Austin and I switched places so I could witness the autographing. I cleared the plan with line waiters for Lloyd around me. Everybody was friendly but having a DeLorean didn't hurt.

So, I grabbed the visor and my ticket and before we knew it we had a metallic silver sharpie autograph. Boom! No chance to even snap a picture. It happened so fast! Mad respect for Michael to do this for his fans considering his health condition.

But, Christopher was still not back yet. James Tolkan had a break in his line, so Austin waited a few more minutes while we got his.

My daughter got an autographed picture of he and Marty in the "Slacker" shot, and he added his autograph to Michael J. Fox's on my visor:

All done autographing. James was very kind and gracious:

Just then, Christopher came back. Great timing! So, venerable Christopher Lloyd added his autograph to Michael J. Fox and James Tolkan's on my visor:

I was hooked. I would have gotten Lea Thompson and Tom Wilson's as well, but their lines were full and time to go to their evening event was coming up very shortly. .... Another time Lea and Tom!

With Austin's help, I walked away with 3 BTTF cast members autographs. I felt like a kid at Christmas again... and the magic of MegaCon was starting to make sense to me.

Here's the "modified" visor complete with the phrases "Great Scott" and "Slacker":

Back in the car again:

I am very happy!!
    Dana

We did it! Glad I could help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Congrats guys! So awesome.... You better keep that visor protected! I have a Chip Foose autograph from 2005/6 on an engine cover and have it in climate controlled storage. It was done with a yellow paint marker on smooth carbon fiber but not taking any chances.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Got my pic with the BTTF cast and sat in a time machine Delorean

It was a great couple of days at the show.

Got my pic with BTTF cast, sat in a couple of Deloreans, and a 1989 Batmobile.

The BTTF cast pic will be cherished for years to come!!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Congrats guys! So awesome.... You better keep that visor protected! I have a Chip Foose autograph from 2005/6 on an engine cover and have it in climate controlled storage. It was done with a yellow paint marker on smooth carbon fiber but not taking any chances.
    Thanks! Definitely, I'll figure out how to protect it. That's cool that you got Chip Foose's autograph. I used to watch his overhaulin' show all the time. He's a real artisan.

While at the show I was able to get Transformers voice actor Peter Cullen to autograph a visor out of the Camaro. Since Bumblebee doesn't have a voice, I figured the next best thing would be his Military commander, Optimus Prime.

My daughter was jazzed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    It was a great couple of days at the show.

Got my pic with BTTF cast, sat in a couple of Deloreans, and a 1989 Batmobile.

The BTTF cast pic will be cherished for years to come!!
    Very cool photo Chris. Congrats!
    Dana

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Not sure if anyone saw this or not:

https://youtu.be/zXuGfZobfGk

Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    So, I grabbed the visor and my ticket and before we knew it we had a metallic silver sharpie autograph. Boom! No chance to even snap a picture. It happened so fast! Mad respect for Michael to do this for his fans considering his health condition.
    It wouldn't have mattered. I waited in line with DeLorean03 as he got a small time machine signed by Michael J Fox, and the security made it very clear that there were to be absolutely no photos taken of Michel J Fox while he was signing, and that if you had your phone or camera out, you'd be asked to leave. I was going to try to get a photo of him getting the car signed, but after hearing that, there was no way I was going to risk it.

Also, I owe DeLorean03 big time as he allowed me to crash his photo experience with MJF. I almost didn't make it due to having to break free from work to get there, but I made it in the nick of time. Definitely an awesome experience.
    MJF.jpg

Sorry DeLorean03; not trying to steal your thunder by posting this. Just super stoked about the experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast