FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Won’t go to closed loop

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    I'll give it a try, It is a new Sensor, but could still be bad. if someone messed with the CO screw before how far would you have to turn it to get it back in? I have read the screw only turns a half turn and to adjust it 1/16" at a time.
    Your getting the constant 45 deg dwell so it's not even reading the mixture. If you mixture was way off and the lambda was working you would get 10 deg constant or 85 deg constant.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Ok well for anyone interested in knowing the final results, I ended up removing the intake and installing all new seals, replaced the injector seals. Then started all over with setting the dwell. Upon getting the engine up to operating temp I found the dwell reading at 10° (doubled for 4cyl) I started to lean out the mixture and finally the dwell fell right into place. Apparently the mixture was set very rich! Probably someone compensating for an intake leak, which I discovered before removing the intake by spraying brake clean on the intake/block joint, and discovering that the engine would stumble and act like it wants to stall.
    Thank you everyone for the input! I greatly appreciate it !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3