FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GM fuel pump modules

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Will the PPR bump this up?
    Yes the PPR is what sets the pump pressure. As far as I know none of the fuel pumps have any kind of pressure regulator in them. As long as the max pressure specification is above what your PPR is set to I would assume that pump will work for you. The flow rates of these pumps is way higher than a PRV engine would require.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Yes the PPR is what sets the pump pressure. As far as I know none of the fuel pumps have any kind of pressure regulator in them. As long as the max pressure specification is above what your PPR is set to I would assume that pump will work for you. The flow rates of these pumps is way higher than a PRV engine would require.
    Ok that’s what I was thinking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I have been using the AC Delco MU1777. You can get it at AutoZone for about $170. It has a lifetime warranty. It's also made in Mexico (usually) which is better than China. It has been working good.

https://www.autozone.com/external-en...rchText=mu1777
    Good. I may just go with this one, as it’s in stock down the road from me. Thanks.

Here is the connector that came with my module. Can someone tell me which wires are for the pump? I don’t plan on connecting the sending unit at this time.

E2607AC5-5363-4E61-BE49-904923ED2BF9.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Here is the connector that came with my module. Can someone tell me which wires are for the pump? I don’t plan on connecting the sending unit at this time.

E2607AC5-5363-4E61-BE49-904923ED2BF9.jpg
    Assuming all the pumps with that connector are the same. Mine the far right pin as you have pictured is +12 volts and the far left is GND.
    The center two pins are the sender. I'm not sure all the GM pumps are wired the same though.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

The heavier wires are for the pump, the thinner wires are for the sender. Lots of pinouts on google.

As for the pressure, it is likely an error in the specification documentation. All these integrated GM pumps are putting out an excess of 100PSI before they are regulated down.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    Midproduction

I would verify with the pump itself as those pumps are not all wired the same despite using the same connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The heavier wires are for the pump, the thinner wires are for the sender. Lots of pinouts on google.

As for the pressure, it is likely an error in the specification documentation. All these integrated GM pumps are putting out an excess of 100PSI before they are regulated down.
    Cool, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    I would verify with the pump itself as those pumps are not all wired the same despite using the same connector.
    It’s crazy, the wire colors on the module are totally different than the ones on the connector. In fact, the module wires change to a different color after passing trough the top piece.

My VIN:    Midproduction

You usually can see the + and - sides on the pump itself. I used the multimeter on one and tested the connector on the top of the module to figure the power pins. The other two are for you sender sensor. I wouldn't trust the color convention. Also swap the higher gauge wires to match your pump pins if your connector happens to be different.

It’s crazy, the wire colors on the module are totally different than the ones on the connector. In fact, the module wires change to a different color after passing trough the top piece.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast