FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: LEGACY3 - VIN 5255 - Custom LS3 6.2 V8 & modified Porsche 964 Turbo G50\52 transaxle

My VIN:    05255

LEGACY3 - VIN 5255 - Custom LS3 6.2 V8 & modified Porsche 964 Turbo G50\52 transaxle

Following on from the engine (‘modified’ LS3 6.2L V and transmission (Porsche 911 ‘964’ Turbo G50\52) swap to make the Legacy3 a reality, the build is now finally being written up to feature each step at www.legacy3.co.uk for any queries, not covered on the website, please feel free to ask here.

The whole process has been a roller coaster of emotions but I’ve very glad to have done through the whole process.

A quick video:-

Very cool. I would love to see more pictures when your website is complete.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Holy cow, that’s awesome. Sweet sounds and the glee of the driver says it all.

I have the 6.2 L in my Camaro SS and man, it is a tire shredding, powerful engine. Shoehorning it in the 2,700 lb DeLorean would be absolutely wild!!

Congratulations!!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Very cool. I would love to see more pictures when your website is complete.
    I've just finished the January section and February is under way. I should be able to progress each day plus over Easter to bring it up to date relatively quickly

A quick clip of the first start up

https://youtu.be/kGoAzTufDjU

the write up is now up to the 19th February 2018 at www.legacy3.co.uk
    Last edited by Chris_Von_Bron; 04-16-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I have transmission questions. What modifications were required on the Porsche gearbox? Any frame adjustments required for fitment?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I have transmission questions. What modifications were required on the Porsche gearbox? Any frame adjustments required for fitment?
    If you can find the rare 1989 G50/50 turbo box then you need to make zero modifications. The replacement, the G50/52 has a transmission cover cone that makes it too long, so needs to have a G50/50 cover transplant done and the G50/50 shorter shift shaft fitted. See the comparisons/specs here https://californiamotorsports.net/pa...specifications the regular Carrera variants aren't as strong for the necessary torque...

I have a dedicated transmission section to feature at www.legacy3.co.uk

In regard to the chassis, the only modifications were:-
    1) a detachable rear cross member which can be seen here http://legacy3.co.uk/html/30th_january_2018.html
    2) bolting the 316 grade stainless engine mounts http://legacy3.co.uk/html/10th_january_2018.html to the chassis
    3) increasing the diameter of the square panel that has shift linkage go through it

I'm publishing regular updates to www.legacy3.co.uk

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Thank you. I look forward to your updates.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry