FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: SWFL roll call

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

SWFL roll call

Any Collier/Lee county owners here?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I think most 'active' owners are more central FL or close by it. I know of a few owners near me but not enough for local shows/tech days, etc. My car has never let me down but I'm still trying to build up the confidence to drive it to shows or get togethers long distances away, after such a long time from when I used to drive it daily.
    -----Dan B.

What reasons caused you to stop daily driving? Good news is we don't nasty winter weather down here.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Funny you should say that - nasty winter weather was the cause of my frame rust (when I say I drove daily, I mean DAILY: rain, shine, salt/snow etc..). So, when I moved to FL I went over the frame damage and decided I was done with the constant repairs to it and that I had to do a frame swap, then I decided to do an engine conversion and then after that for a time it was not practical to drive the D daily. At this point, all swaps and conversions are done and I could certainly drive it daily, just need to build up the confidence since I haven't driven it long distances in such a long time.
    -----Dan B.

Cracked epoxy+salt = No bueno. At least that hurdle is complete. Ideally I'd like to own a car with a stainless frame. If I wait the right car will be available at the right time.
    ~LXA~