FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - Official Web-Site

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Great news actually, the blu-ray was approved for a limited run (very rare these days for films of this size). I'm going to be coordinating it, and will ensure there are a TON of goodies in there, including what you just mentioned below.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The cat now knows more than most of the people that approach me.

Also I know it is too soon to talk about sales but when the time comes I hope there is a "Tamir cut" of the movie available with all of the scenes that were cut...at the very least, all of the reenactments included.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Great news actually, the blu-ray was approved for a limited run (very rare these days for films of this size). I'm going to be coordinating it, and will ensure there are a TON of goodies in there, including what you just mentioned below.

T.
    I want a signed copy

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I want a signed copy
    x2
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I want a signed copy

Which means I’ll have to invest in a blue-ray player to watch it.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16409

I just looked at the Amazon reviews and only three have posted, but they are negative. All of use should write a review and show our support. We don't want a bunch of naysayers making people shy away from watching the movie.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I just looked at the Amazon reviews and only three have posted, but they are negative. All of use should write a review and show our support. We don't want a bunch of naysayers making people shy away from watching the movie.
    Thanks for the heads up. I just submitted mine and since I am a prime member who rented it through them, maybe it will make the cut to be displayed soon(they said a few days)

https://www.amazon.com/Framing-John-...ustomerReviews

Link to write a review, maybe give reviews you agree with a "Helpful" click to move them to the top
    Last edited by Michael; 06-10-2019 at 05:28 PM.

My VIN:    2647

I watched it (rental) between yesterday and today. I thought it was great. I would definitely like to see more of the trial in the movie. For all the surveillance leading up to the trial portion it went by in the blink of an eye. Guess I am just curious how they won over the jury. If anything the surveillance definitely shows they were preying on John's situation to say the least.

I liked just about everything in the film. But, yeah, it was a bit weird ending it like John was living in solace if he was married.

Sent from my H1A1000 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    As for Hillel, there is some compelling evidence regarding his side of the story. I spoke extensively to Hillel in 2018
    before inviting him to DCS 2018, and many of the DCS 2018 attendees (after Friday dinner) heard his evidence too.
    I've no doubt that Hillel uncovered some things. Some business dealings that I, myself, wouldn't hesitate to call repugnant. Both prior to DMC, as well as post DMC. The sale of LMC and the final lawsuits over it come to mind. And we're not even counting the missing vehicles that had forged manufacturer's certificates of origin and were illegally sold.

Having said that, I've no qualm with the facts. Facts are facts, and I don't believe they should be downplayed as that itself is a kind of bias. They should absolutely be presented at face value and explained and expanded upon for better understanding and interpretation so as to become teaching tools for the future. Don't candy coat things, but also don't omit them.

What I take exception with is how Hillel seems to consistently present these facts in a manner which makes it seem as though John De Lorean was the sole architect, perpetrator, and beneficiary of those schemes. That is wrong. JZD had plenty of the literal "partners in crime" who helped draft, execute, and profit from all those illicit dealings. There were lots of hands involved, but in the end it was only John who got caught with his in the proverbial cookie jar. That's really what my beef is. If we're going to talk about the fraud, the bad guys, and other things, there are a whole lot of other names that should be included. Granted this is a movie about JZD, not those others, but at the very least the existence of other accomplices should be acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Some good thoughts here. And as my directors often joke, they say I would've had an 8 hour cut if I had my way.

Yeah, we had to make certain creative decisions, most of them consisting of omitting rather than changing certain facts as we needed to keep under two hours and stay the course of what we were trying to analyze, which was John's character, etc.

I must say though, I believe folks will be very interested in some of the bonus features when they are released, as they add even more insight into some crazy aspects to John's story and those involved in his story. So more fun things to come in the next few months.

Glad you enjoyed the film, I tried very hard to do the DMC community right.

Best,
    T.
    When the Blu-ray is released, I'll absolutely be buying a copy. I get that you've got a whole lot of material to work in, and I'd say that you and everyone did an amazing job with the end result. Now I'm not going to try and brownnose or anything like that. I've got nothing to gain from it. But I will be honest in telling you that this is one damn fine movie. The curation of the facts, the presentation of them, and the satisfaction of how it all turned out. This is one of those rare documentaries, particularly one with dramatization, that I not only have absolutely no hesitation in recommending, but don't feel the need to give any corrective disclaimers on. I can't speak for everyone, but I do genuinely feel that you did good by the community. A big thanks to you, and everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by sztybel View Post
    I watched it (rental) between yesterday and today. I thought it was great. I would definitely like to see more of the trial in the movie. For all the surveillance leading up to the trial portion it went by in the blink of an eye. Guess I am just curious how they won over the jury. If anything the surveillance definitely shows they were preying on John's situation to say the least.

I liked just about everything in the film. But, yeah, it was a bit weird ending it like John was living in solace if he was married.
    I think that this is what makes the movie perfect. The fact that it left you asking questions. Not because you're not fulfilled, but because it will spark curiosity within the viewer and trigger a desire to learn more. And that's coming from a guy who will absolutely fuckin' thread-kill any conversation because I want no question left unanswered. My wife watched the movie with me, and loved it. But she had questions too. Her big question was if Bill Collins had a fully functioning prototype, why was Lotus suddenly involved? You're wondering about how JZD won his case? There are many things like that with this movie, and I think that is why it's so great. You'll have a hunger to know more, and you'll be drawn further into the history.

But if you're wanting to learn more about the trial, let's just say that the prosecution's case kept stumbling all over itself. From the botched testimony of Hoffman, to a former DEA agent's testimony.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast