FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - Official Web-Site

My VIN:    1710

Tamir, is Bill Collins a DMC-12 owner, or was he just visiting that car for the film? I couldn’t quite tell from the editing. If he were an owner, I’d definitely find that quite surprising after what he went through.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Tamir, is Bill Collins a DMC-12 owner, or was he just visiting that car for the film? I couldn’t quite tell from the editing. If he were an owner, I’d definitely find that quite surprising after what he went through.
    Bill Collins is a DMC-12 owner and he has been an owner for a number of years. You are correct that Bill
    did not want to own a DMC-12 for nearly 3 decades after his work on the prototype. Bill has been a bit
    private about his DeLorean ownership, but since his car was seen in one part of his interview in the movie,
    it is not meant to be a secret. When a Bill bought a DeLorean, he was very about specific what he wanted.

My VIN:    6585

Just saw the film. Gotta say it's really a great movie that tries to be as honest and unbiased as possible. Save for Hillel Levin who always comes across as having a bone to pick with JZD.

I really appreciated Zach who wasn't just candid, but genuine in his request about wanting an honest portrayal of his father instead of a rosy one. Plus the guy talks the same way I do. Can't go wrong with the colorful metaphors.

It's damn hard to really capture the full story in a single movie, because after all like the marque, it's divided into 3 sections; the man, the company, and the car. But I feel as though it did one helluva job staying on course. Only 2 things I would possibly question about the movie would be the story of GPD, and Proto-1. DeLorean wouldn't have gotten a full 50% cut of the GPD funds with Chapman, nor was it all setup by JZD and Chapman. Although getting into corporate history would have taken away from the story since the focus is intended instead to be about the man himself. Let alone the concern about getting into the story of Juhan family, and how they may have reacted to any representation in the film. As for Proto-1, Lotus to my understanding was not used simply as a way to siphon funding from DMC. Rather Lotus became involved when Proto-1 was realized to have had substandard crash worthiness and the engineering on the car had to be restarted from the ground-up. Hence the outsourcing of engineering (starting with an inquiry to Porsche who may have tipped-off Juhan). Perhaps this was omitted as a respect to Bill Collins though.

I positively loved the little easter eggs in the film. Like the "Business Today" case module in JZD's briefcase, and the custom DeLorean sunglasses he wore.

There's still quite a few things left out that either influenced his life (I think the Palm Springs story is very telling in explaining why he became the way he was), or were major milestones, but I'm happy that the film got down to the focus on JZD & DMC. That's what I really wanted to see. I feel that it's a great film that has done the marque, and the man justice by being as honest as possible without glossing over nor condemning. I have no qualms in recommending this film to anyone wanting to know more about the man, and don't feel as though I need to give a disclaimer like you do with some of the books written about him.

This is both the movie that I wanted to see, and the movie that the rest of the public needed.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I watched it last night with my wife and was going to write a review but I can't top Robert's post so I will just add this.

My wife likes my car but never cared about the history and honestly she is just not into DeLoreans either....She was mesmerized.

That was my biggest takeaway. If it can captivate my wife then this will appeal to pretty much anyone with even minimal interest in the story.

She fuckin loved it
    Last edited by Michael; 06-09-2019 at 09:15 AM.

APRIL 81

My VIN:    0952

Quote Originally Posted by crbritt83 View Post
    Just finished watching it on Amazon. Very nice film! Truly leaves you with so many allowable interpretations of the man's life, but in a good way. So happy to be a part of the legacy.
    Agreed on all fronts. Well done.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I watched the film last night via iTunes and thought all involved did a great job. It brought back a lot of memories of me corresponding with JZD as a middle school kid and the excitement I had when he sent me an autograph, and later on attending his wake and meeting Tamir there.

One thing that confused me was how it paints a somewhat depressing picture of JZD dying alone in a one bedroom apartment at the end of his life trying to start a company again. I think it would have been worth mentioning that he remarried (to Sally) and became a father again at age 78. I think that’s an interesting tidbit and shows how JZD moved on with his life. Just my two cents.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

One additional question about cars used in the film. Whose car did Zach get in? Was it Tamirs? And back to Bill Collins personal DMC -12, what configuration did he get/was he looking for. Hard to tell all features from the film. Thanks!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    One additional question about cars used in the film. Whose car did Zach get in? Was it Tamirs? And back to Bill Collins personal DMC -12, what configuration did he get/was he looking for. Hard to tell all features from the film. Thanks!
    Ken K. supplied the car for the Zach interview.

Rob Grady supplied the car for some of the close-ups with Alec as JZD.

Of course, Proto 1 got plenty of screen time in key scenes of the movie.

The big reveal of Proto 1 was accomplished with a lot of low tech help.
    (for example, the BTTF II scene with Marty's power laces comes to mind)

Bill Collins explains is preferences and reasons for his DeLorean specs best,
    so we will see if he makes it out to an upcoming event to explain in person,
    but no DeLoreans left the factory with the exact specs as Bill's DeLorean.
    (all factory spec parts, but not all available at the same time, at factory)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Just saw the film. Gotta say it's really a great movie that tries to be as honest and unbiased as possible. Save for Hillel Levin who always comes across as having a bone to pick with JZD.
    Hopefully, if all goes well, the movie Framing John DeLorean is just the beginning of Tamir's DeLorean story telling.

As mentioned by Alec in a few interviews, there are other DeLorean projects in the works, and Tamir can confirm,
    but I think most folks want to "enjoy the moment" and focus on the movie and its stories, at least for now.

As for Hillel, there is some compelling evidence regarding his side of the story. I spoke extensively to Hillel in 2018
    before inviting him to DCS 2018, and many of the DCS 2018 attendees (after Friday dinner) heard his evidence too.

Stay tuned ... more to follow.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I watched it last night with my wife and was going to write a review but I can't top Robert's post so I will just add this.

My wife likes my car but never cared about the history and honestly she is just not into DeLoreans either....She was mesmerized.

That was my biggest takeaway. If it can captivate my wife then this will appeal to pretty much anyone with even minimal interest in the story.

She fuckin loved it
    Totally agree with Robert and Michael.

I'm half way through it via iTunes Movie rentals (thanks to my little 14 month old) and so far it's wonderful. The pacing, story and editing is truly captivating and like Michael, I'm watching with my wife and she's also mesmerized. Can't wait to finish it later tonight when the wee one is in bed.

Outstanding stuff Tamir and you're a very engaging on-screen storyteller.

Cheers!
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast