FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - Official Web-Site

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    VIN 1880 will be at the following two Northern Michigan showings next week:

June 19th Petoskey, Michigan: https://www.greatlakescfa.org/event-...john-delorean/

June 21st Harbor Springs, Michigan: https://www.lyricharborsprings.org/coming-soon/
    VIN 1880 proudly on display at The Great Lakes Center For The Arts screening last night. 117 people attended the screening!

Last edited by Patrick C; 06-20-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

I will be at the Pittsburgh premiere on Friday at the Harris theater. I will have a friend's DeLorean and there will be another DeLorean with me, since my new DeLorean is still being built. I'm hoping they have parking set aside out front for the cars. I'm going to call the theater today just to make sure that they do I can't wait to see the movie!!
    Brian
    81 DMC-12 w/. SEO single turbo and EFI
    71 VW Super vert
    84 Rabbit GTI
    94 VW Corrado SLC
    99 & 03 BMW m3's
    79 Porsche 930 turbo

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Hagerty's film review

Here's a link to the film review posted today in Hagerty's newsletter: framing-john-delorean-goes-deep: Daily_News_Thursday_June_20
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    Between VINs

Quote Originally Posted by krado94 View Post
    I will be at the Pittsburgh premiere on Friday at the Harris theater. I will have a friend's DeLorean and there will be another DeLorean with me, since my new DeLorean is still being built. I'm hoping they have parking set aside out front for the cars. I'm going to call the theater today just to make sure that they do I can't wait to see the movie!!
    It's funny, I only knew the Harris was showing it because I googled the name of the movie when the site was down and Google came back with showtimes for Harris.

It's probably the last theater in Pittsburgh I'd want to watch it, but at least it's showing. I'll try and catch it when I get back next week, probably Tuesday.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

FJD Opening in more Cities this Weekend....

Please check the official site to see which theater it is playing at near you and go see it on the big screen! It is so much better seen in a theater experience, trust me.

www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

D9cMFRiUcAAjJdk.jpg
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Great film that tells the real story with no punches pulled or sugarcoating. At first, I wasn't sure the style with the behind the scenes actors' commentaries and re-enactments would work. As the film progressed, one flowed into another with exceptional editing and added a layer to the film a normal documentary would not. As a former thespian in another life, Alec Baldwin's thought process, introspection and conclusions about DeLorean's "character" demonstrated that he really is a great actor. I think Tamir and his team have pioneered a new way to shoot documentaries, and I look forward to more projects from them.

I especially enjoyed some of the Easter eggs throughout the film. I noticed Baldwin had on the same outfit at one point that he wore when Tamir met DeLorean at his NJ estate for the first time in 1999 (tan pants, pink polo) as well as the Roy Nesseth reference early on regarding John's leaked speech about GM quality, and the aforementioned Hot Wheels car on the counter. I'm sure there are many more, which is what the Blu-Ray is for!

We also had a great Q/A as well after the film (Tivoli Theatre Downers Grove, IL) with Tamir and Hillel Levin. One of the questions in the audience had to do with the siphoning of company funds (17.65 million) into GPD, which was split between DeLorean and Colin Chapman of Lotus. This was touched on in the film, though it was never fully explained how that IRS tax case ended (DeLorean acquitted due to poor jury instructions). I knew the history, but some in the audience clearly did not. Of the many interviews cut out, was this fully explained in one them?

I know it was mentioned briefly in the Q/A if DeLorean was a sociopath. All sociopaths are narcissists, but not all narcissists are sociopaths. An easy way to remember it is that sociopaths are born, and the diagnosis is usually made in the adolescent years. Narcissists are made over time. If you look at DeLorean, he essentially remade himself over time with cosmetic surgery, his dress/hair style, marriages to starlets, his commercial image and branding of himself etc. all to bolster his ego, which happens to be quite fragile. I don't want to write an essay here of this, but for those interested read the DSM on narcissism, and you will see what I mean. Perhaps, some of our historians here can shed a bit more light into this topic as it was brought up for a few seconds at the Q/A.

Finally, my wife who is not into cars and humors me by going to shows and events, liked the film as well. Her question she was too shy to ask is what is the relationship like between Zach, Katherine, and Cristina these days? Do they all talk? She was surprised to see how Zach lives compared to his sister and wondered how he ended up there. My theory is that he has had addiction problems, and I'd imagine the family does not help him financially as a result. By the way, he was the most compelling person interviewed in the film (besides Tamir ). When he was on screen, you could sense the entire audience sitting upright or leaning forward to carefully listen to what he had to say. Very interested to hear what he thinks of the film when he sees it.

Also, please put me down for a Blu-Ray!
    Last edited by Hill Valley PD; 06-21-2019 at 08:35 AM.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Framing John DeLorean sneak peek at the Catlow Theatre at 8 pm

Framing John DeLorean sneak peek at the Catlow Theatre tonight

June 21 - preview screening at Catlow Theatre in Barrington, IL at 8:00 pm
    - Q&A with Tamir after the movie, and a few VIPs interviewed for the movie

We plan to have a few DeLoreans on display in front of the theatre, but the
    parking in front is somewhat limited (and not available until after 6 pm).

For those who are interested, below is a recent interview with Cristina,
    with details about her current relationships with Zachary and Kathryn

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...delorean-movie

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Framing John DeLorean sneak peek at the Catlow Theatre tonight

June 21 - preview screening at Catlow Theatre in Barrington, IL at 8:00 pm
    - Q&A with Tamir after the movie, and a few VIPs interviewed for the movie

We plan to have a few DeLoreans on display in front of the theatre, but the
    parking in front is somewhat limited (and not available until after 6 pm).

For those who are interested, below is a recent interview with Cristina,
    with details about her current relationships with Zachary and Kathryn

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...delorean-movie
    Thanks, Rich. I missed that article, and it answers that relationship question my wife had.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Special screening of Film - Santa Monica - June 26th - Bob Gale moderating Q&A....

Come see the film June 26th at Laemmle's Monica Film Center in Santa Monica at 7:10PM for a special Q&A after with myself (producer of the film) and one of the co-writers, to be moderated by Bob Gale (writer and producer of the "Back To The Future" films.

https://www.laemmle.com/films/45739

FJD_MonicaQ&A.jpg
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    05457

It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, including the theater's website, but the Lagoon Theater in Minneapolis is showing it this Friday at 7pm. The MN club will have 4 cars there!
    David Proehl

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast