FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - Official Web-Site

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Thank you. Yes, the NY Times review was a fantastic one for us to get going into opening weekend. Hope everyone enjoys the film!

Best,
    T.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And here's a positive review of the movie in today's edition of the New York Times :

https://nyti.ms/2wEvl23

It's listed as a Critic's Pick.
    ‘Framing John DeLorean’ Review: The Man Who Flew His Car Too Close to the Sun

Mixing documentary and fictionalized re-enactment, a new film about the mythic automaker tells a quintessentially American story of ambition and greed.

The takeaway line say "the movie....is unfailingly engrossing".

Congrats, Tamir and team!
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Some good thoughts here. And as my directors often joke, they say I would've had an 8 hour cut if I had my way.

Yeah, we had to make certain creative decisions, most of them consisting of omitting rather than changing certain facts as we needed to keep under two hours and stay the course of what we were trying to analyze, which was John's character, etc.

I must say though, I believe folks will be very interested in some of the bonus features when they are released, as they add even more insight into some crazy aspects to John's story and those involved in his story. So more fun things to come in the next few months.

Glad you enjoyed the film, I tried very hard to do the DMC community right.

Best,
    T.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Just saw the film. Gotta say it's really a great movie that tries to be as honest and unbiased as possible. Save for Hillel Levin who always comes across as having a bone to pick with JZD.

I really appreciated Zach who wasn't just candid, but genuine in his request about wanting an honest portrayal of his father instead of a rosy one. Plus the guy talks the same way I do. Can't go wrong with the colorful metaphors.

It's damn hard to really capture the full story in a single movie, because after all like the marque, it's divided into 3 sections; the man, the company, and the car. But I feel as though it did one helluva job staying on course. Only 2 things I would possibly question about the movie would be the story of GPD, and Proto-1. DeLorean wouldn't have gotten a full 50% cut of the GPD funds with Chapman, nor was it all setup by JZD and Chapman. Although getting into corporate history would have taken away from the story since the focus is intended instead to be about the man himself. Let alone the concern about getting into the story of Juhan family, and how they may have reacted to any representation in the film. As for Proto-1, Lotus to my understanding was not used simply as a way to siphon funding from DMC. Rather Lotus became involved when Proto-1 was realized to have had substandard crash worthiness and the engineering on the car had to be restarted from the ground-up. Hence the outsourcing of engineering (starting with an inquiry to Porsche who may have tipped-off Juhan). Perhaps this was omitted as a respect to Bill Collins though.

I positively loved the little easter eggs in the film. Like the "Business Today" case module in JZD's briefcase, and the custom DeLorean sunglasses he wore.

There's still quite a few things left out that either influenced his life (I think the Palm Springs story is very telling in explaining why he became the way he was), or were major milestones, but I'm happy that the film got down to the focus on JZD & DMC. That's what I really wanted to see. I feel that it's a great film that has done the marque, and the man justice by being as honest as possible without glossing over nor condemning. I have no qualms in recommending this film to anyone wanting to know more about the man, and don't feel as though I need to give a disclaimer like you do with some of the books written about him.

This is both the movie that I wanted to see, and the movie that the rest of the public needed.

I've been happily surprised to hear non car folks get excited about the film. So I'm glad both you and your wife enjoyed the film!

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I watched it last night with my wife and was going to write a review but I can't top Robert's post so I will just add this.

My wife likes my car but never cared about the history and honestly she is just not into DeLoreans either....She was mesmerized.

That was my biggest takeaway. If it can captivate my wife then this will appeal to pretty much anyone with even minimal interest in the story.

She fuckin loved it

Yeah, as Rich has alluded to, there is a lot of intrigue to Hillel's history with JZD. I can tell you we were very careful with making sure personal bias didn't leak into the story points. But there is no doubting Hillel uncovered some very unsavory aspects to JZD's business dealings well before the drug bust, and through this and some unreal things that occurred after the drug bust to Hillel, that his story is quite compelling in it's own right. Which will be revealed in more detail in some bonus scenes.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hopefully, if all goes well, the movie Framing John DeLorean is just the beginning of Tamir's DeLorean story telling.

As mentioned by Alec in a few interviews, there are other DeLorean projects in the works, and Tamir can confirm,
    but I think most folks want to "enjoy the moment" and focus on the movie and its stories, at least for now.

As for Hillel, there is some compelling evidence regarding his side of the story. I spoke extensively to Hillel in 2018
    before inviting him to DCS 2018, and many of the DCS 2018 attendees (after Friday dinner) heard his evidence too.

Stay tuned ... more to follow.

Thanks. Glad you are enjoying my on screen presence as well as my producing skills. I wore A LOT of hats to get this film made and successfully over the finish line.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Totally agree with Robert and Michael.

I'm half way through it via iTunes Movie rentals (thanks to my little 14 month old) and so far it's wonderful. The pacing, story and editing is truly captivating and like Michael, I'm watching with my wife and she's also mesmerized. Can't wait to finish it later tonight when the wee one is in bed.

Outstanding stuff Tamir and you're a very engaging on-screen storyteller.

Cheers!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Thanks. Glad you are enjoying my on screen presence as well as my producing skills. I wore A LOT of hats to get this film made and successfully over the finish line.

T.
    For more of Tamir's on screen presence, check out Tamir's interview next Sunday night, June 16
    at 8:30pm on Chicago's WGN, WGN TV Live website or as a podcast after the show's premiere.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LarryPota...56792199041026

WGN Backstory with Larry Potash. Show to air twice on June 16 and replayed on CLTV on June 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    I think it would have been worth mentioning that ...became a father again at age 78.
    🤔

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I've been happily surprised to hear non car folks get excited about the film. So I'm glad both you and your wife enjoyed the film!

T.
    Even the cat was sucked in.

20190608_195125.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 06-10-2019 at 08:50 AM.

smart kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Even the cat was sucked in.

20190608_195125.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

smart kitty.
    The cat now knows more than most of the people that approach me.

Also I know it is too soon to talk about sales but when the time comes I hope there is a "Tamir cut" of the movie available with all of the scenes that were cut...at the very least, all of the reenactments included.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast