FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: running better before warming up

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    because I'm ad idiot and thought thats what it was supposed to be set at. LOL
    LMAO ...but, but, I mentioned that before

When I change the lines to the FV is there a way to clean the FV while I have it out? Is this a good idea?
    Unless your D has sat a long time with fuel in it recently, I'd say just make sure there is no foreign material in the FV's ports when you put it all back together.
    Maybe do the whole system by dumping a good injector cleaner in the tank...and have fun running it out on the road.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

When I change the lines to the FV is there a way to clean the FV while I have it out? Is this a good idea?
    Thanks
    Hi Austin. Yes, I cleaned out my Frequency Valve. You can find details in post #6 of this thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...d-Return-hoses
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    LMAO ...but, but, I mentioned that before

Unless your D has sat a long time with fuel in it recently, I'd say just make sure there is no foreign material in the FV's ports when you put it all back together.
    Maybe do the whole system by dumping a good injector cleaner in the tank...and have fun running it out on the road.
    Well it sat for 9 years before I got it last year, but hasn't sat for more than a week since. I'll probably put a can of seafoam through it once all the lines are done. I don't want to break a deposit loose from the inside of an old line and have it head straight for the FV or and injector!
    You said set the Dwell for 40? I need to read harder lol. So when I do these lines this week I will install the new fuel filter too. I'm sure all this fussing around it there might effect the mixture, and I'll reset it when all is done (this week) I'm also about to re do the fues block, got that kit from DMCFL when I bought the fuel pump. I'm still not convinced that this could all be electrical. I'll clean all the major grounds while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Austin. Yes, I cleaned out my Frequency Valve. You can find details in post #6 of this thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...d-Return-hoses
    Awesome, and what about the wur?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Awesome, and what about the wur?
    Yes, I cleaned that screen too, same procedure ( I used cotton swabs soaked in carb cleaner to clean the brass screen and the other fitting):

Before:

After:

It's also a great time to check/replace the vacuum lines ( although I think you possibly did that during the VOD job.. I can't remember).
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Yes, I cleaned that screen too, same procedure ( I used cotton swabs soaked in carb cleaner to clean the brass screen and the other fitting):

Before:

After:

It's also a great time to check/replace the vacuum lines ( although I think you possibly did that during the VOD job.. I can't remember).
    alright! now we're talking! we did replace the vac lines. but I don't remember if we cleaned out the wur. I don't think we did.

is this the correct fuel pressure test kit?
    https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-3386...a-568038596040

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That looks like a good one.

Remember to get extra copper seals...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    That looks like a good one.

Remember to get extra copper seals...
    Check, I got a big bag of em

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4