FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Need my Delorean finished and checking who can do it...

My VIN:    16563

Need my Delorean finished and checking who can do it...

Hi all,

So Ive had my car about 6 years now. the day I bought it I had it towed to DMC when they were in Garden Grove. They got the motor put back together with some upgrades, new tires and sold me a new windshield from the original mold apparently in Turkey. They were a bit expensive however the work was done. I removed the old discolored windshield upon getting it home and its since sat without one. Primarily because the A pillars needs to be wrapped and I want it done before the windshield goes in. Heres the list of things I need done. I have all the interior pieces however everything needs recovering. The back lid, both bumpers need painting, the T roof is bowed slightly, I have all the windshield gasket and related glues to install. It runs and drives great after I replaced the fuel pump with the upgraded pump. It will need the radiator replaced or something in the front where its leaking once it gets hot. So whos up for it?? Ill post pictures. I hate not having my beautiful car to enjoy but with recent family events, I just wont have the garage time I used to.

Thanks
    Nathan
    Attached Images
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

Also new markers, new striping down the body line, interior door handles. I have the custom stainless rear lid inserts, shift gate for the auto gear stick. I would want the front and rear bumpers painted and the eye lids fixed. I tried but didnt get it perfect.

Thoughts?

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

As the windshield is structural, you will need to support the roof properly before you install the new windshield. I would advise getting someone with the proper tools and experience to do that job. Also, avoid opening one or worse both doors with the windshield missing.

I saw one car with the job done DIY and it misaligned the doors. The job had to be done again the proper way to get the car right.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    As the windshield is structural, you will need to support the roof properly before you install the new windshield. I would advise getting someone with the proper tools and experience to do that job. Also, avoid opening one or worse both doors with the windshield missing.

I saw one car with the job done DIY and it misaligned the doors. The job had to be done again the proper way to get the car right.

Thank you yeah I need a professional to do the whole install. Its been out for over 3 years but I dont keep the doors open and I am a bit of a stickler for body lines and the car hasnt changed since its removal.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

You can open one or both doors with the windshield removed, but I'd advise using a bottle jack and some wood between the console and roof to support the roof when doing so. This way you, or whoever helps you, can get things done without worrying about the structure.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

So... I'm not sure I understand.

Are you looking for one of the shops to pitch to you to bring it to them? Are you looking to pay another owner to work on your car in their free time?
    Wanting to sell the car to some one who will finish it?

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Well my first thought would be to find a shop to finish my project. At least to complete the upholstery. However I know with myself I would be a little more careful and patient than a shop. I am definitely wanting to keep the car and get to enjoy it complete and finished which I haven't had the chance to yet. Bottom line is I'm open to anyone individual or shop that can finish my car.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My VIN:    16409

I come down to southern CA for the Orange County DeLorean club events. I regularly assist owners with their car. Some simple stuff we do together at no charge. Larger Projects or tasks I usually charge a fee to cover travel expenses plus a little extra. Have you ever met up with the club? Send me a PM if you are interested. Mostly work on the mechanicals. I'm not a upholstery guy. But if you have finished pieces we can install them back in your car.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I come down to southern CA for the Orange County DeLorean club events. I regularly assist owners with their car. Some simple stuff we do together at no charge. Larger Projects or tasks I usually charge a fee to cover travel expenses plus a little extra. Have you ever met up with the club? Send me a PM if you are interested. Mostly work on the mechanicals. I'm not a upholstery guy. But if you have finished pieces we can install them back in your car.
    AMAZING, Il PM you now

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Well... you're a little over an hour away from the DeLorean shop in southern California... Any reason you can't take it there?
    I'mm more than 3 hours away from the shop in Seattle and I've taken my car there a couple of times. Even had it towed there once when the clutch gave out.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!