FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Correct Gray Dye Color for the Interior Carpets

Correct Gray Dye Color for the Interior Carpets

Hey everyone! Quick question for you, I'm trying to freshen up my interior carpets by re-dying them back to gray, and was just curious if anyone has any recommendations on the correct color to use, and what would be the best products to use?

Thanks for the help,

James
    2168 & 6408

My VIN:    15275

Hi

I have used some liquid carpet dye from a place called detail king before.. they have a few different shades of gray though...

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    I have used some liquid carpet dye from a place called detail king before.. they have a few different shades of gray though...
    +1 to Detail King, that is where I get my carpet dye from. I don't know if you're trying to get light gray or dark, I have gray interior and had light gray carpet but wanted them darker so I went with dark gray dye and the carpets came out close to what it would be in a black interior car which is what my aim was. I've seen a lot of dark dyes that end up making the carpet have a purple tint - this dye did not do that for me. If you go with them, don't forget a spray bottle and their brush.
    -----Dan B.