FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlights

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I used Hella e-codes on my old XJ. They were legit AF.
    I used H4 bulbs, not LED, and had them wired directly from the battery with the relay triggered by the signal from the OE harness.
    Great housings. Sharp cutoff, great spread.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I got two HELLA 003177001 H4 enclosures. Side note mine say “Made in Romania”, so I don’t know how common the German made ones are.

Attachment 63744

Attachment 63745
    I got the same box you show also made in Romania. I think my 4 sided LEDs will never work for automotive lighting.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    16409

This is a good video that demonstrates how to re-order the terminals in the DeLorean low beam headlight plug socket for H4 configuration. I didn't realize the bit about how the whole plug needs to be rotated 180 degrees to make sense of the modification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnTgyeRJTME
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Finally went for a night drive to test out the headlights. Very nice illumination. These are just the low beams. Leave the stock sealed beams for now.

51117B51-9710-4E44-B57A-62BEB8CF4449.jpg
    Chris Miles

Has anybody looked into using Hella H1 housings for the high beams? Looking at H1 bulbs, they appear to only have 1 terminal. But our high beam sockets have two terminals. Does anybody know how these work? I would rather not use H4 housings in the high beam positions. Thanks.
    Chris Miles

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

There are two connections. The center spade and the outer shell. It wouldn't work with only 1 electrical connection. To use, you'd need an H1 socket to adapt it to the D's socket.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Has anybody looked into using Hella H1 housings for the high beams? Looking at H1 bulbs, they appear to only have 1 terminal. But our high beam sockets have two terminals. Does anybody know how these work? I would rather not use H4 housings in the high beam positions. Thanks.
    just be careful with wattage. some H1s are 100w and they give out alot of heat, which will warp your fascia.

This is a good video that demonstrates how to re-order the terminals in the DeLorean low beam headlight plug socket for H4 configuration. I didn't realize the bit about how the whole plug needs to be rotated 180 degrees to make sense of the modification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnTgyeRJTME
    If this was done for all 4 headlights, would everything function properly? So only low beams would be on while the lights are on, then highbeams on ONLY when you want them to be?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Holley now offers LED 4x6 headlights offering the OE look that JW does not. Anyone try these?

https://www.holley.com/products/exte.../parts/LFRB140
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Holley now offers LED 4x6 headlights offering the OE look that JW does not. Anyone try these?

https://www.holley.com/products/exte.../parts/LFRB140
    Those look nice. The description is great too. The only thing they fail to mention is construction. I love everything about my LED’s except the plastic lens. I suspect the lens will scratch, cloud or yellow before the LED wares out. Why can’t they make them out of glass?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast