FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Mecum indy auction

My VIN:    16355

Mecum indy auction

My wife has relented and will allow me to buy a stick shift. I will at some stage sell 4273 but as she is in New Zealand this will only be of interest to folk there. Anyhow.. VIN 17011, a black interior was sold in December 2018 at Mecums's Kansas Auction but the sale was unwound due to a title issue now resolved. This is a deceased estate, no reserve. The photos are crappy and I have asked the consignor for some decent chassis pics etc... It does run but at 2,000 miles has obviously been a garage queen all of it's life. I assume as there is no paperwork that it will require a full mechanical update much like 4273. A long shot.... but is there anyone on here who is planning on attending this auction who could take a look at 17011 for me? At the right price I am not worried about getting the updates done but it is more the issue of the chassis, condition of the stainless and engine/trans etc...

My VIN:    04629

Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    My wife has relented and will allow me to buy a stick shift. I will at some stage sell 4273 but as she is in New Zealand this will only be of interest to folk there. Anyhow.. VIN 17011, a black interior was sold in December 2018 at Mecums's Kansas Auction but the sale was unwound due to a title issue now resolved. This is a deceased estate, no reserve. The photos are crappy and I have asked the consignor for some decent chassis pics etc... It does run but at 2,000 miles has obviously been a garage queen all of it's life. I assume as there is no paperwork that it will require a full mechanical update much like 4273. A long shot.... but is there anyone on here who is planning on attending this auction who could take a look at 17011 for me? At the right price I am not worried about getting the updates done but it is more the issue of the chassis, condition of the stainless and engine/trans etc...
    I live in Indy, just checked the listing, that looks in really good shape! http://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-368...lorean-dmc-12/

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Uh oh.

k4hyduT.jpg

My VIN:    Between VINs

Neat. An angle drive that made it 2,136 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    I live in Indy, just checked the listing, that looks in really good shape! http://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-368...lorean-dmc-12/
    It does look very tidy but some good chassis pics would confirm if she has been stored well. It sounds as though these might only be available a day before the auction. I have no doubt she will need all the usual updates as there is no record of anything much being done apart from some life support work in the PO garage for the past 35 years.

CAR FAX for 17011.

VIN 17011.pdf

This explains the title defect which appears to be sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    VIN 17011.pdf

This explains the title defect which appears to be sorted now.
    Is the pdf upside down because you are in New Zealand?
    --
    Mike

Haha, probably right! No.. this is the way Mecum sent it to me and I could not figure out how to spin it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Griese View Post
    Is the pdf upside down because you are in New Zealand?