FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ten years plus owners check-in here!

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Ten years is a benchmark as you now have the right(and responsibility) to look down upon fledgeling owners with an undeserved sense of accomplishment and superiority. Most car marquees give you a grill badge to mark your dedication (in miles), but in the DeLorean world, nobody drives their cars, so we offer ownership milestones in time. 10 years is like the 500,000 mile badge.
    Why would anyone drive them?

My VIN:    2234

2005/2006 time frame, so 13-14 years. Started at ~43,400 miles and only put about 2,500 miles on her since buying her. It's been a long, steady but rewarding replacement, refurbishment, and back-engineering of parts. Better today than she was yesterday, and she'll be better tomorrow than she is today. Very soon, she'll be daily-driver and long-distance road worthy, then I can catch up on everyone else's mileage.

And the best part of it all? The crazy, wonderful, and wacky people I've met on this forum and when out and about. You guys really make owning one of these a pleasure.
    1 + 1 = 3 for exceptionally large values of 1.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

25 years 2 months. I’ve added about 67k miles to it over the years.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3937

Coming up on 12 years for me and 3937. Car arrived in October of 2007 with 16,915 miles on it and a ton of different problems. That long list of issues has thankfully been sorted out and now I just drive it and do regular maintenance.

My odometer shows a little over 27,000 miles thanks to a few years of speedometer problems. My own math and fuel tracking has me at closer to 34,000 miles. And by my calculations, I'll have doubled those original 16,915 miles by the time I get through my next tank of gas.

The scary number though is looking at the total cost per mile driven since I got the car, and that's somewhere between $3.50 and $4 per mile, depending on what you include. Not a very economically viable vehicle!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    00910

15 years this month. She had 17k miles on her in 2004 and now sits at 47k. Most of those miles were in the first three years - before kids came along. I'm just now getting her put back together after sitting for the better part of the last three years while I was in grad school.

I just got done replacing the front wiring harness after a mouse chewed through my old one, replacing the fuel pump with the DPI integrated unit, filling the license plate mount holes in my fascia and repainting the black, and a new brake master cylinder after my old one leaked and stripped the epoxy off the fuel tank closing plate and part of the frame. There was also my first bit of K-Jet troubleshooting after my primary fuel pressure was low. Nothing a 5mm washer couldn't fix.

I'm hoping now that the kids are older-ish (no car seats) that I can get her out more often.
    Yeah, it's dirty. I drive it.

My VIN:    10478 Owner since October 1982

Bought my 1982 new in October 1982. IIRC I bought it on a Thursday and the following Monday read that he had been arrested. So I've had mine almost 37 years.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'm at 9 years.....can I still be one of the cool kids?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    RAW_09032012ca_1872.jpg
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    NO you little piss ant decade owner wannabe! You are condemned to spend at least ten years as a owner before achieving Operating Thetan, then over the next decade we develop you to OT 8 (commonly known as DT 8 after David Teitelbaum...the only member to reach such a level).

Any more speak of this and we send Tom Cruise to visit you.
    Last edited by Michael; 07-12-2019 at 05:33 PM.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    NO you little piss ant decade owner wannabe! You are condemned to spend at least ten years as a owner before achieving Operating Thetan, then over the next decade we develop you to OT 8 (commonly known as DT 8 after David Teitelbaum...the only member to reach such a level).

Any more speak of this and we send Tom Cruise to visit you.
    I need my thetan levels checked too!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast