FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Early DMC-12, Need windshield style antenna shaft..what does everybody use?

Thanks to everyone for your replies and input. It appears that this mystery is at least "partially resolved". What we have is not originally stock. Once we get further into things with the car the actual functioning of the radio will help us determine if the "fix" works. By examining what was done however, it certainly appears that whoever added this separate antenna stuck on the windshield knew what they were doing (possibly a dealer in Ohio where the car has been all of its life?). There is what appears to be an antenna cable connected to the part of the stick-on antenna base which sticks on the underside of the windshield directly below the outside base unit with antenna. My bet is that certainly will work, as it doesn't appear to need any connection to the wires in the windshield.

Once we try working the radio and add an antenna we'll report back, as this might be a fix for others who have early cars.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If the antennae windscreens are available, they must have done a batch of them recently. They had been NLA for a long time. Reproducing them was not a priority, not much call for them.
    David Teitelbaum

We turned the radio on tonight and it seemed to work just fine. We may remove the stick-on antenna, but I'd be a little afraid to mess with it, as the windshield appears to an original windshield with the built-in antenna wires across the top and down the passenger side. Then again, the radio might work so well due to the stick-on antenna! :-) I also want to correct something I said earlier...according to my son the car was originally registered in Minnesota, not Ohio. My son bought it from the 2nd owner in Ohio who bought it in 1985 from the original owner who may have been in Ohio in 1985, but the car was in MN originally apparently. Fun checking these things out. So now it's on to the next thing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2