FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Delorean got me targeted for White Van

Delorean got me targeted for White Van

Just a short story from about 40 minutes ago, I was coming back from lunch and pulling into my office when I got flagged down by 2 guys in an SUV. They started by asking me about the car, then quickly switched into the white van sales pitch. (I won't go into what that is but if you don't know about it, its worth knowing about, so look it up) I said to them "I sorry guys, I dont do the white van stuff) They got pissed and started threatening to vandalize my car. I told them the more time they waste with me the less time they have to go scam someone less aware of their tired old racket. They drove away screaming insults out the window. I think they are obviously heading to another area, but I took the car home and got my work truck. Don't want to risk them actually being stupid enough to engage in vandalism.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I don't know about your area but threaten someone around here and you will get your ass beat. Do it in public and the public will come and help you out. We are not the type to pull out a phone and gawk, we get personal especially with some POS threatening a poor guy who just wants to be left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't know about your area but threaten someone around here and you will get your ass beat. Do it in public and the public will come and help you out. We are not the type to pull out a phone and gawk, we get personal especially with some POS threatening a poor guy who just wants to be left alone.
    well when they are driving away as they yell the threats, it does not really come off that threatening. Only other person present was the receptionist. I'm not saying she couldn't kick some ass, but white van scammers aren't really worth the mystery meat they're made out of.

My VIN:    5312

WOW you too? I had this happen to me one time in the delorean in San Diego when i used to live there. I laughed it off because i knew what it was, and they could clearly see my car already has a retarded sound system in it anyway. Glad you didn't fall for it because, hey if no one wasn't falling for it they wouldn't be doing it.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    3028

Am I the only one that had to google it?
    Barry

My VIN:    Between VINs

A legal podcast I listen to covered it recently so it was fresh in my mind.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Am I the only one that had to google it?
    +1

Never heard of that before and I'm in my mid (to late) 30s.

-Nick

Scam videos are fun to watch on youtube. Especially ones that bust, or waste the con artist time. Because of that fact, I am well versed on all the scams. I actually pretty amused when I see them first hand. Until they said they were gonna vandalize my car. Then it got me pissed! I posted about it on facebook aswell letting people in my area know to look out, and not to buy some bull crap home theater from the back of some dip shit's SUV.
    For those that had to google, I'm glad I could bring this to light for you should such a "good deal" ever come your way

My VIN:    16377

This is crazy.

I have been watching old episodes from HBO's 'Mr. Show with Bob and David' and at the beginning of episode 6 of Season 4, they did a White Van skit.

https://youtu.be/yykbK-GjEKE?t=18

-Nick