FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Your opinion on this fitting form DeloreaGo

Your opinion on this fitting form DeloreaGo

I went about installing the stainless steel send and return lines, and FV lines from DeloreanGo. Everything wend great on the return line. Getting the old line of off the hard line is like a final boss in an old Nintendo game, hard, but you'll beat it if you really want to. Installed the new fuel filter with the new send line, new copper washers, torqued the banjo bolts, bla bla bla you know the drill.
    Where I've hit a snag is the high pressure side of the FV. The union between two of the fitting is leaking pretty bad. (All my other connections are dryer then Tatooine)
    I tried tightening it up, didn't help, and since fuel spilling out and dripping down right onto the the exhaust manifold is a minor annoyance I decided to go for a drive (Im kidding of course!) any way joking aside. I looked at the fitting, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The cup that fits onto the FV is not smooth like the original. It looks like the machining of this parts left behind tooling marks.

Are these giving the fuel an avenue for escape? I feel the fuel is just traveling down these groves and then escaping behind the spindle bolt.
    Is this a bad fitting? or am I doing something wrong?
    The only other thing I can say is that the return line seems a little short. Its pulled taught between the hard line and the FD

Your thoughts are appreciated. I'd like to get this to stop leaking so I can get back on the road
    Last edited by Parzival; 05-09-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Update: DeloreanGo has already contacted me to offer me a new fitting.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I just installed the high pressure line from DeLoreanGo two nights ago, went on without a cinch and no leaking.
    I'm inclined to think you did get a bum one. Glad they are helping you with a new one.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Update: DeloreanGo has already contacted me to offer me a new fitting.
    Cool. That's what I would have recommended... a replacement fitting. DeLoreanGo customer service is awesome.

Make sure the part of the FV that mates to it is still in good shape, especially the soft metal ring that makes the seal.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)