FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: DeLorean Go Exterior LED kit What do you think?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    373

    My VIN:    1623

    Thereís another method as well. Use a pair of pliers to remove the center ( IIRC) spade from the relay.
    DMCF rebuild 2008, Stage II, Eibach

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2017

    Posts:    143

    Thank you for pointing that out.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    373

    My VIN:    1623

    Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    Youíre welcome. Itís a great little hack.
    DMCF rebuild 2008, Stage II, Eibach

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2015

    Posts:    291

    While Reading this post I also came across a tail light gaskets. Iíve taken my tail lights apart a couple times and I never saw anything like this in there. I did notice there was a gap between the bumper and the back of the engine bay fiberglass does this fill that gap or where is this go?

    https://www.deloreango.com/us/tail-lamp-gasket.html


    https://www.carid.com/soffseal/tail-lamp-gaskets-mpn-ss-6850.html
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

  5. #15
    Senior Member Boxbot's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Near Philadelphia

    Posts:    123

    My VIN:    1596

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    I experienced bulb failure with some of my DeLoreanGo bulbs. They couldn't have been better about replacing.

    I noticed, however, that the front amber LEDs were simply not nearly bright enough either during the day or at night. People were ignoring my signals and I thought maybe they weren't working. To be contrary to prior members, I bought cool white Sylvania bulbs. They are a little more yellow than amber, but necessary for safety purposes. I think they look fine.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Rhsxo's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    190

    My VIN:    3045

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    This is true. I'm concerned about the quality and light output of a lot of the LED bulb headlights on the market. I've read online comparisons with HID and reviews of fan vs. no fan, etc... Let us know what you end up with and how they work.
    I recently bought the Hella H4 headlights and these Philips LED Headlights:

    Philips X-tremeUltinon LED H4 bi-LED Bulbs Set of 2x Bulbs 6500K +200% 12901HPX2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759RTSWT..._qhG4Cb2WMSTMB

    These things are awesome at night! You can clearly see everything. Probably the best upgrade Iíve done to my car.
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

    No but I have been chased by ladies because itís a chick magnet!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2017

    Posts:    143

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhsxo View Post
    I recently bought the Hella H4 headlights and these Philips LED Headlights:

    Philips X-tremeUltinon LED H4 bi-LED Bulbs Set of 2x Bulbs 6500K +200% 12901HPX2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759RTSWT..._qhG4Cb2WMSTMB

    These things are awesome at night! You can clearly see everything. Probably the best upgrade Iíve done to my car.
    Do you have any before and after photos? Were these plug and play, or did you have to do any modifications?

  8. #18
    DMC Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2016

    Location:  SW FL

    Posts:    195

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post
    I experienced bulb failure with some of my DeLoreanGo bulbs. They couldn't have been better about replacing.

    I noticed, however, that the front amber LEDs were simply not nearly bright enough either during the day or at night. People were ignoring my signals and I thought maybe they weren't working. To be contrary to prior members, I bought cool white Sylvania bulbs. They are a little more yellow than amber, but necessary for safety purposes. I think they look fine.
    I use switchback bulbs from iJDMtoy and they are insanely bright both white and amber signal portion. Even in the Florida sun there is no mistaking when these bulbs are illuminated.

    Sample switchback here: https://store.ijdmtoy.com/collection...064-switchback
    ~LXA~

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2016

    Posts:    266

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I use switchback bulbs from iJDMtoy and they are insanely bright both white and amber signal portion. Even in the Florida sun there is no mistaking when these bulbs are illuminated.

    Sample switchback here: https://store.ijdmtoy.com/collection...064-switchback
    I can't find any specs for the bulbs on their website. Does anyone have technical datasheet for these?

    Thanks,
    Ron

  10. #20
    DMC Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2016

    Location:  SW FL

    Posts:    195

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    What specs specifically? Can always e-mail them.
    ~LXA~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •