FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mystery Relay

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I used to have an occasional hot start issue but ever since I got Dave's hot start relay it hasn't been a problem. Back in 2015 DMCH sold me an aftermarket accumulator which was smaller than the original. I read that they don't hold rest pressure for as long as the original ones.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    I used to have an occasional hot start issue but ever since I got Dave's hot start relay it hasn't been a problem. Back in 2015 DMCH sold me an aftermarket accumulator which was smaller than the original. I read that they don't hold rest pressure for as long as the original ones.
    They don't and it pisses me off that they sold an accumulator for a 4cyl saying it would work. I have it in mine and it included a piece of "DMC APPROVED" radiator hose to make up the size difference. The correct accumulators are available from other sources and vendors....but they are not "DMC OFFICIALLY APPROVED SO YOU KNOW IT WILL FIT AND WORK"

I want to replace my shit accumulator from DMC and get the correct one but it's such a PITA to replace I am holding off. Sometimes after about 2 hours or so of sitting my car takes an extra few seconds of cranking to start and I am quite sure this is why.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2