FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Head Light pattern

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    03572

Head Light pattern

I've been commenting on another thread about LED headlights. I've decided to start a new thread which will be more critical of headlight patterns and aiming. I attached four photos (hope you can see the photo names).

For reference I parked my 2018 Camry which has stock LED headlights at 22 feet from the headlight lens to the garage door. Note the high beam has 4 points of light so it must use two LEDs in each light and the beams are aimed higher.

The DeLorean has a Silverstar in the drivers side outer bulb and my LED in a stock looking H4 4x6 housing. The center bulbs have been taped over so I could judge the high beam results of only the outer high/low lights.

I like the beam pattern of the LED high light. What I'm thinking may be a way to use these is to aim the outer lights lower and use only the high beam (that would require wiring the low power wire to the high LED connection and use a diode driven from the high power wire to that same connection. Then the center bulbs could be aimed higher and would only come on with high beams.

It turns out all the LEDs that have high and low beams the low beam is the diodes at the top of the assembly and most have metal light covers I guess to aim the light better. But I find with my LED the pattern is pretty bad on low beam.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 05-25-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/