FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Accessibility of Factory Track?

My VIN:    17099

Accessibility of Factory Track?

I’m taking a British isles cruise on my honeymoon in a few weeks with a stop in Belfast. I’d like to visit the old factory track and see the buildings from the outside. Does anyone know if the track is accessible and if Uber or Lyft are advisable for the area? I’ll post links to photos and video if successful.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by lkn4ubl View Post
    I’m taking a British isles cruise on my honeymoon in a few weeks with a stop in Belfast. I’d like to visit the old factory track and see the buildings from the outside. Does anyone know if the track is accessible and if Uber or Lyft are advisable for the area? I’ll post links to photos and video if successful.
    I don't know about rideshares in that area.

As for accessing any part of the former DMC Ltd. site, including the old test track, that's very difficult unless you know somebody at Montupet UK who will let you onto the site. The track and most of the buildings aren't in view from any of the surrounding properties. From the guarded entry road you can see one corner of the factory.

Here's a story with photos about a semi-private visit by Matt Clark that you may enjoy as a substitute:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11004

The gate that Barrie Willis is seen entering in the first photo is NOT accessible to the public. One must first get past the guarded main road entry gate - by arrangement.

When we visited the DMC Ltd (Montupet) site as part of the DeLorean Eurofest 2016 group we weren't allowed to take photos of the inside of the former DMC facility so these pictures are pretty special.

While in Belfast do plan a visit over to the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum to see the DMC-12's they have there. Matt shows what's there as well.

There may be an opportunity for DMC enthusiasts to see the track in about 2 years when DeLorean Eurofest 2021 is scheduled. See Post #3 here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16281

Enjoy the honeymoon!
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior