FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Excess Rear Wheel Camber ????

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Post some photos of the wheel in arch.
    Could you rephrase that question? Are you asking for a side shot of the wheel in the wheel-well? BTW ... currently raining pretty heavy here so the answer is "not right away".
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Checking the dimensions of the wheels in the wheel wells means nothing. All that can tell you is how the body fits to the frame, it tells you nothing about the alignment or the ride height. I have seen where a car is in perfect alignment but if you measure the body to the wheels and compare side to side you get different measurements.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Excess Rear Wheel Camber ????

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Could you rephrase that question? Are you asking for a side shot of the wheel in the wheel-well? BTW ... currently raining pretty heavy here so the answer is "not right away".
    Yes. Is you car parked outside or in a detached garage?
    Last edited by DMC5180; 08-26-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Checking the dimensions of the wheels in the wheel wells means nothing. All that can tell you is how the body fits to the frame, it tells you nothing about the alignment or the ride height. I have seen where a car is in perfect alignment but if you measure the body to the wheels and compare side to side you get different measurements.
    If, the frame to floor height is low it should also a reduced the gap in the wheel to fender opening. Nick already stated his lower cradle bottom sits well below the 5.5” spec. I would be curious to see what the camber looks like with the frame jacked up to spec.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Yes. Is you car parked outside or in a detached garage?
    parked in an overfilled garage and need to back out to take a picture. Still raining here.
    Nick

If, the frame to floor height is low it should also a reduced the gap in the wheel to fender opening. Nick already stated his lower cradle bottom sits well below the 5.5” spec. I would be curious to see what the camber looks like with the frame jacked up to spec.
    See the "table" earlier in this topic located here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...l=1#post250024
    Nick

The more I dig into this the more I think excess camber, at least in my case, is due to failed bushings. Even though they are still tight, I suspect they are compressed to one side. I could take them apart to see .... or buy new ones and replace them. The question is new rubber types such as DMCH's remanufactured ones or polyurethane. Some say poly is too harsh and others say that is an overhype.
    Nick

Here are some high camber before photos. When this gets fixed, I'll post some after photos.
    Attached Images
    Nick

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    The more I dig into this the more I think excess camber, at least in my case, is due to failed bushings. Even though they are still tight, I suspect they are compressed to one side. I could take them apart to see .... or buy new ones and replace them. The question is new rubber types such as DMCH's remanufactured ones or polyurethane. Some say poly is too harsh and others say that is an overhype.
    I’d have to agree. If you take them apart for inspection you may as well replace them.

The bushings, even if you buy them as whole arms, are not particularly expensive and if you have a high mile car, can wear to the point of being off center. I would not use Poly, in this application it would be too stiff. I like polyurethane in the sway bar bushings but that’s about all.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

i have a freshly rebuilt suspension on 2022. It has QA1 coilovers. I adjusted the coilovers higher than yours, so the lower control arm is level with the ground. Even at this height i have almost -2 deg of camber, which is out of spec.
    i think your car is simply too low. Getting some adjustable control arms will solve the problem. I remember when i saw your car in person for the first time I was surprised to see a Delorean that low.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast