Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
I've been in the DeLorean community since around 2003 when there was around 2-300 members on this site with previous 4-5k posts on my old account. Since the forum crash of 2011 and the incredible growth of the forum, I have been more active on the Facebook groups these days. Where I was going with that is that I have soaked up so much knowledge over the years that I feel confident in not only maintenance and restorations, but I know what I want. Specifically an 82 or 83 Grey Interior, Automatic between $20,000 - $30,000. I'd prefer a higher mileage car that has been daily driven because with any classic car in this day and age, low mileage cars will need more work in order to replace critical parts/components IE Fuel Lines, Fuel Pump, Otterstat, etc. I've not been looking too hard as I am not quite ready yet, but some really good spots to find DeLoreans for sale are below.
  • This Site (Obviously)
  • DeLorean Marketplace (DeLorean Directory)
  • PJ Grady (Rob will help you find one)
  • DMCH, DMCMW, DMCFL, DMCCA
  • eBay
  • Craigslist (rare but they do pop up)

Not sure if he still organizes it, but the DMCTalk Admin 'Sean' is part of SEDOC and is a great guy. SEDOC can be found in the DeLorean Club section of the forum though there is not a whole lot of activity these days (compared to much larger groups like DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Club). I met a lot of great and knowledgeable people the several times that I went down for some Tech Sessions and would be great to meet back up with them and work on the cars.
Awesome! We’re looking for similar cars except I’m keeping an eye out for a manual transmission. I’m on eBay everyday keeping up with those listings and I check Hemmings, Classic Cars, Autotrader, and this forum regularly. I still have some learning to do on doing repairs and maintenance but I figure that’s all part of it! I’m hoping to eventually meet some owners that could show me around some of the more difficult stuff if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk