FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Nashville Delorean owners out there?

My VIN:    1800

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    We should all get together one Saturday morning and crash Cars & Coffee in Cool Springs.
    I'm down for this. I took my Viper to that show all the time. If you've never been to it, you're missing out. There's everything from exotics, muscle, imports, rat-rods, and 50's cars. Would love to take the DeLorean to it sometime..
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

My VIN:    4372

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    Cookeville, TN Reporting in though I do not have a DeLorean yet (next year for sure).

I know of 3 owners in Tennessee. Two in Nashville and one in Lebanon
    Nice! I’m working on a similar timeline for mine. What specs are you looking for? And how are you doing your search?

I’m liking the idea popping up in this thread of a meetup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I am on the opposite end in upper east TN. I swear I think I am the only guy within a 100 mile radius that drives a DeLorean.
    Oh man, must be a treat for the locals when that Delorean comes out. That’s a pretty region of the state as far as I understand it. Where would you take your car for major servicing?

It would be great if we could all get together sometime and have a TN Get-Together.

We also have Southeastern Delorean Owners Club (SEDOC) in our region. Though I have not went down for a tech session in many years, there are normally one or two tech sessions hosted around the Atlanta area every year.
    I’m so down for this, count me in if it’s after July (our move). I haven’t seen the SEDOC! I’ll see if I can get in touch with them as well.

Would love to meet some Delorean owners and enthusiasts once we move!

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    I spoke with you over on Reddit. I've got #3294 here in Lebanon.

Like I said over there, Justin has one in Hendersonville, Daniel has one down towards Columbia / Spring Hill, and there's a guy in Hartsville that has one too, but I've never seen his drivable.

There used to be one in Gordonsville that was for sale in a front yard on Main Street. The owner died and the car disappeared.

We should all get together one Saturday morning and crash Cars & Coffee in Cool Springs.
    Yes! I got your message there, thanks for reaching out. That would be great, I’m down for a meetup or coming by a cars and coffee.

Really happy to see there’s a handful of Deloreans out in TN!

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessBullet View Post
    I'm down for this. I took my Viper to that show all the time. If you've never been to it, you're missing out. There's everything from exotics, muscle, imports, rat-rods, and 50's cars. Would love to take the DeLorean to it sometime..
    That sounds like a blast, I’m so down too. We will be moved to Nashville in July, how often do they do this?

My VIN:    3294

We will be moved to Nashville in July, how often do they do this?
    Nashville Cars & Coffee is EVERY Saturday morning at the AMC Thoroughbred 20 Theater in Cool Springs. The first Saturday of every month is "Exotics Day" - and there is always a line of of Lamborghini's, Bugatti's, Ferrari's, etc. I've taken my car once. It starts way early in the morning (I think 7am - 8am) and is over promptly by 10:30-11:00a.m. I work late on Friday nights until about 2:30am, so it's hard for me to make it out there but once or twice a year. Now, if I was meeting a bunch of other Delorean owners... I'd drag my ass out of bed for that.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel05 View Post
    Nice! I’m working on a similar timeline for mine. What specs are you looking for? And how are you doing your search?

I’m liking the idea popping up in this thread of a meetup!
    I've been in the DeLorean community since around 2003 when there was around 2-300 members on this site with previous 4-5k posts on my old account. Since the forum crash of 2011 and the incredible growth of the forum, I have been more active on the Facebook groups these days. Where I was going with that is that I have soaked up so much knowledge over the years that I feel confident in not only maintenance and restorations, but I know what I want. Specifically an 82 or 83 Grey Interior, Automatic between $20,000 - $30,000. I'd prefer a higher mileage car that has been daily driven because with any classic car in this day and age, low mileage cars will need more work in order to replace critical parts/components IE Fuel Lines, Fuel Pump, Otterstat, etc. I've not been looking too hard as I am not quite ready yet, but some really good spots to find DeLoreans for sale are below.
    • This Site (Obviously)
    • DeLorean Marketplace (DeLorean Directory)
    • PJ Grady (Rob will help you find one)
    • DMCH, DMCMW, DMCFL, DMCCA
    • eBay
    • Craigslist (rare but they do pop up)

Quote Originally Posted by ramiel05 View Post
    I’m so down for this, count me in if it’s after July (our move). I haven’t seen the SEDOC! I’ll see if I can get in touch with them as well.

Would love to meet some Delorean owners and enthusiasts once we move!
    Not sure if he still organizes it, but the DMCTalk Admin 'Sean' is part of SEDOC and is a great guy. SEDOC can be found in the DeLorean Club section of the forum though there is not a whole lot of activity these days (compared to much larger groups like DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Club). I met a lot of great and knowledgeable people the several times that I went down for some Tech Sessions and would be great to meet back up with them and work on the cars.
    Last edited by JBaker4981; 06-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just a random thought - What if we started a Tennessee Chapter?
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Just a random thought - What if we started a Tennessee Chapter?
    Oh man, totally missed this. A Tennessee chapter would be awesome... how would creating that work? Is it just a matter of making a Facebook page? Or is it more involved?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast