FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Warm Up Regulator

My VIN:    4792

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Warm Up Regulator

Folks,

I'm looking for a Warm Up Regulator, preferably working. I'm not sure mine will pass as a core, as it looks like it's already been messed with.

Shipped to 85281

Thanks

Ethan Rode

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Rode View Post
    I'm not sure mine will pass as a core, as it looks like it's already been messed with.
    Yeah, it depends on the vendor and what's been done to it. Can you elaborate on this? Maybe post a pic?

I have some WUR pieces, a good one, an older style one that some of the vendors may accept, and one I need the center section for...(see pic).
    WUR Center Section.jpg
    I don't really care about the gasket etc., only the aluminum housing portion. If yours is good, I'd be willing to do some horse trading that leaves me with my good one or this part (so I can finish the other one to have on-hand).

My VIN:    4792

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yeah, it depends on the vendor and what's been done to it. Can you elaborate on this? Maybe post a pic?

My center section has been broken in the same way, but it's received the JB Weld treatment. The mounting post for the Bi-metal strip has been hammered on from the outside, and the heater element ceramic is chipped. It wasn't attenuating the pump pressure, so took it apart so I could make sure the screen was clean, and replaced the O-ring. It looked like all the pieces were there, from what I remember from my VW/Volvo days, but it still didn't work.

Pics to follow...