FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who are the top builders to make a Time Machine?

My VIN:    5610

Cool Purchase Made !

Just wanted to post that I am no longer in need of a Delorean for a prop Time Machine. I want to thank Citizen (Thomas) for giving me a nice deal on his car. Your car is going to a nice celebrity's home.

We now have four DTM builds in the works, one is getting shipped out the second week of October and Thomas D should be delivered by the second week on October, great timing!

Attention Whore

In the 15 years of building these cars, a lot of people have come along and tried to jump on the band wagon and in an effort to steal customers away and would sling mud and insults, I was a part of that too.
    I no longer do that, I won't talk about my competition publicly.
    I have a good relationship with most all of the builders except for one.
    I also worked with the restoration of the screen used car and my name was notated on the "Thank you" plaque.
    I would also add that I am a registered and active vendor with Universal Studios and carry a 4-million dollar insurance policy to with them (and Sony).
    When Bob Gale's production of "Back to the Future - The Musical" needed props, they called me and I provided them.
    I also just delivered the replacement Delorean Time Machine to Universal Studios in Orlando, please go check it out and see the quality of our work.
    We have sold 33 Delorean Time Machines and own our building, a 5000 sqft facility with a full staff that works building these cars full time, 5 days a week.
    This is not a part time job or a hobby for me.
    I have been the subject of news stories on ABC Nightline, Discovery Channel's "Auction Kings", History Channel's "Pawn Stars" and our own
    television series on the REELZ Channel "Screen Machines" (also seen internationally on Discovery Turbo, DMAX, etc.)

I personally toured the country in a truck with a flashlight and gloves and went to every single existing surplus electronics shop left in the USA and searched their
    inventories and bought out all of the last remains of the stock of parts used to build these cars.
    I am the only one capable of building these cars the way I do simply because other people can not get those parts, they either have replicas they made themselves
    or copies of my parts they obtained, or they use a similar off the shelf part from Home Depot, etc.

There is a reason why Universal Studios, Sony, the creators of the franchise, major museums, theme parks, television shows and movies all call me and not others is because
    we deliver a quality product quickly, on time and without exceeding the budget.
    Complaints I have heard from other owners of competing cars are that the "builder" asked for more money, more time, etc.
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
    This is why the builds I do are listed on our facebook with time-stamped photos to show the progress in real time.
    My clients fly into Dallas, I pick them up in a Rolls-Royce Phantom and give them a tour of the shop, our work and our cars
    and in many cases I personally deliver the car and spend time with you showing you how everything works.

All you have to do is google my name, "Videobob", check out my Facebook pages, YouTube, news and TV articles, etc.
    You will find my IMDB credits, videos and long history.
    So these are things to consider when buying a car.

I hope this wasn't too pompous and bragging, but credentials and facts are how I do business, I am proud of my achievements and I don't begrudge others for trying to do what I do.
    Competition and free market is the American way. It's up to you where you want to spend your money.
    When you are ready to commit to owning one of the best built and accurate Delorean Time Machine Replicas that money can buy, call me.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    I personally toured the country in a truck with a flashlight and gloves and went to every single existing surplus electronics shop left in the USA and searched their
    inventories and bought out all of the last remains of the stock of parts used to build these cars.
    I am the only one capable of building these cars the way I do simply because other people can not get those parts, they either have replicas they made themselves
    or copies of my parts they obtained, or they use a similar off the shelf part from Home Depot, etc.
    That's not exactly something to brag about. "I BOUGHT ALL THESE THINGS SO THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD HAVE THEM" does not exactly make you sound good to anyone in the prop building community.

My VIN:    6125

..blah blah blah blah...
    TLDR:
    "I'm kind of a big deal... I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    That's not exactly something to brag about. "I BOUGHT ALL THESE THINGS SO THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD HAVE THEM" does not exactly make you sound good to anyone in the prop building community.
    He stated in a video with the car wizard that many of the parts are now replica. I get it, they're stupid rare. But it's not really what he said here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don't begrudge others for trying to do what I do.

Krikey, i have watched some of videobobs videos and tbh they have poor content...the dude could not even do an oil change with competence.....that said he aint a bad soul it seems but maybe he should do his talking on the dancefloor ... :-) or workshop and prove he does everything better than everyone.....videobob carly simon at your service https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isAUOa50wdA

What is he thinking with such comments..

Behave yourself for goodness sake bob....

My VIN:    4941

BTTF builds

There are a couple of good guys doing conversions in the North East. Rhode Island- to be precise!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5610

Stock Delorean prices

It's now 2022 and a good used stock Delorean sells for on average $60K and I've seen some advertised for as high as $100k+ !!! Does anyone else here find this to be mind blowing, I mean really ??? In 2010 you could buy a good Delorean for about $18K. Great Scott.... who knew !!! 😱

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Coulombe View Post
    It's now 2022 and a good used stock Delorean sells for on average $60K and I've seen some advertised for as high as $100k+ !!! Does anyone else here find this to be mind blowing, I mean really ??? In 2010 you could buy a good Delorean for about $18K. Great Scott.... who knew !!! 😱
    Not too mind blowing for me. The 60s & 70s cars are dropping in $ since the people who want/wanted them are dying. The middle age people today want 80s & 90s poster/unique cars, me included, and as such those vehicle prices are on the rise. A reman D from DMC is $80-100K.
    The demand is strong and as we all know the supply is limited.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast