FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who are the top builders to make a Time Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I would probably avoid Bob. I've not worked with him personally but have heard stories from friends who have.
    I also know he's been shunned by most of the prop replica community for stealing other peoples work without giving them credit.
    Talk to Adam Kontras about his experiences with Bob...

Bruce seems to make pretty good stuff.
    There's a couple of facebook groups you should look into for more info on all of it.

Cheers
    Steve

Hi Steve. Yes, I have heard about the re-casting and such. May I ask what you have heard from friends about working with Bob specifically?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by loyalty4life View Post
    Hi Steve. Yes, I have heard about the re-casting and such. May I ask what you have heard from friends about working with Bob specifically?
    I'm sure you have heard it all before...Bob

My VIN:    6125

I would take a look through his post history here and let his own words speak for himself.

http://dmctalk.org/search.php?searchid=3834172

He doesn't post here that often so it shouldn't take too long to read through his history. Start at the earliest post and work your way backwards.

If you are considering spending $50,000+ on a time machine it would be a worthwhile exercise to learn as much as you can about the person who will be building it and whether or not you want to marry yourself to this person for 6 months or more while it is being built. You will most likely have to maintain some relationship afterwards in case there are any problems or customer service type issues.

Whoever you choose to build your car, make sure that you think you'll be able to get along with this person in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I would take a look through his post history here and let his own words speak for himself.

http://dmctalk.org/search.php?searchid=3834172

He doesn't post here that often so it shouldn't take too long to read through his history. Start at the earliest post and work your way backwards.

If you are considering spending $50,000+ on a time machine it would be a worthwhile exercise to learn as much as you can about the person who will be building it and whether or not you want to marry yourself to this person for 6 months or more while it is being built. You will most likely have to maintain some relationship afterwards in case there are any problems or customer service type issues.

Whoever you choose to build your car, make sure that you think you'll be able to get along with this person in the long term.
    Okay thank you sir. Besides Danny from DMC California and Bruce, is there anyone else that you would go to?

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

My VIN:    6125

Okay thank you sir. Besides Danny from DMC California and Bruce, is there anyone else that you would go to?
    If you're talking top builders then I absolutely have to mention Joe Walser. He was the leader of the Time Machine Restoration team which was a group of builders hired by Universal Studios to restore the screen used A-car time machine. I'm not sure if Joe is building cars still or not but his resume in terms of build accuracy and contributions to the BTTF community is unrivaled.

Check out this video if you want to learn more about the restoration.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VvUVbeeNxY

There is also a feature length documentary:
    https://www.outatimemovie.com/

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

There's also Jon Miller in New Jersey. Not sure if he's actively taking commissions but he built hi car and it's extremely accurate. His attention to detail is unmatched. I think he has also taken on one or two other builds for people.
    Jon can be found via Facebook.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    (Note to self: Initiate contact with Bruce and Bob about their latest builds).
    Bruce responded to my request for an update, and they have been entered into the database. The count is now up to 106 BTTF Builds. Tried, but have not heard back yet from VB.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    5610

Thank you !!

I know I haven't been on here or posting in a "LONG" time but today I have a little me time and decided to check in and I saw this thread. I just want to give a big shout out "THANK YOU ! !" to all of those here that gave me their referral. You folks are the best. I am glad I had the honor to meet some of you in person. I have meet some of you at Events, Shows, Comic Cons and some of you have come to visit with me at my shop/office in Oviedo Florida. I hope I have the pleasure to meet with many more of you in the soon future.

We have been staying very busy with builds, events, special appearances and our families. We just shipped two DTM's out this past May 2019. One to Dallas Texas and the other to the Volo Auto Museum in Chicago Ill.

We currently have three Delorean conversions in our facility we are working on to become Time Machine replicas and one more that as soon as I can find a project Delorean (don't need the engine/trans) we'll have our fourth.

SO-ooo-oo-o, anyone that can provide me with a lead to a 1981-83 in good shape inside, outside and underneath with a grey interior, with trans and engine or without for less than $20k, I will pay a $1,000 dollar referral fee if I purchase it. Contract me at: [email protected]

Thomas, I'll get those vin #'s to you after I have purchased the fourth Delorean.

Thanks again everyone !

DTM Paradox Series Vin # for Ads.jpg

Attention Whore

This is Videobob, from Bob's Prop Shop.
    We have been busy building cars, we are about to deliver our 30th Delorean Time Machine replica.
    I can only invite people to look at the photo albums of each of the 50+ builds we have done on our Facebook.
    We have delivered cars as quickly as 2 weeks for VIP celebrities and have done many other requests.
    We are at the point in this business where there are many suppliers who are providing out sourced parts, so the playing field is getting more and more level as many of us begin to use some of the same parts.
    Which is a good thing for you as a customer.
    It's really up to you what you want, that said, I do not accept special requests that deviate from the original style of the car, we strive to do them as screen accurate as possible.
    Have a look at our photos and send us a note.
    Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/bobsprop...=page_internal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast